For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By chaoschris
Hich wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:07 pm I have another question: The throttle body with IAT, MAP, Idle Sol, TPS in the existing system has a supply voltage of 12V, so I believe at least TPS will return something 0...12V. Is this ok to feed into the TPS pin directly or do I need to ensure this to be 0..5V?
All sensor inputs are generally 0-5V, so you really need to change your existing cable harness and get the power supply for the sensors from the 5V output of the Blitzbox. But this is in common with mostly all aftermarket programmable ECUs on the market...
By Hich
Ok, thanks... I will double check the outputs of the TPS etc..
Best regards Karsten
By purplelightning
12v is unusual. You could probe it using 5v and see how it responds. Actually you might as well hook it up to the board and see if it will calibrate in tunerstudio. I suspect I will. Keep us posted
By Hich
FYI: I have tested the sensor with the old ECU and supply is 12V but outputs for TPS and MAP are 2.... 3V so well below 5V. So all looks good :)
The PCB in the sensor reads 'MotoEFI' so it looks like it is specifically made for this kit.
Screenshot 2024-05-06 161124.png
Screenshot 2024-05-06 161124.png (223.17 KiB) Viewed 295 times
By Hich
purplelightning wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:51 pm That's an interesting setup Did you try to calibrate it in Tunerstudio
Ok, I am one step further (still crimping cables... didn't someone say it would be a good idea to buy the precrimped connector.. why didn't I listen?).
MAP (set to MPX4250A), TPS, IAT, CLT give reasonable values and it looks like I can calibrate in TunerStudio.
By runesm
Been out of the blitzbox game for some time, need a refresher.
Straight from jlcpcb, is crankshaft then ready for vr or hall? What mods to swap sensor type on crank? And same for cam, what sensortype, and what mods to swap sensor type?
By Hich
Hi, somehow the reading of the MAP value is strange. I have tested directly on the ATMEGA pins and the voltage on Pin 92 (AD_MAP) is ok, however, what is displayed in Tunerstudio rather looks like it is reading Pin 90 (AD_BARO). Any chance that the pin mapping is mixed up? How can this be modified? (sorry if this is a dump question).
Thanks Karsten
By chaoschris
Hi Karsten,
Do you use the onboard MAP Sensor as a pressure sensor for your plenum or as an atmospheric pressure sensor?
Likely all engines i am working on do not have a plenum and the onboard sensor is used as an atmospheric pressure sensor.

But changing the two analog inputs in the firmware is really easy. You can do it by yourself or I can do this for you if you want.
The needed changes must be done in the init.ino (until firmware 2023.10) or init.cpp (since 2024.02):

case 42:
//Pin mappings for all BlitzboxBL49sp variants
pinInjector1 = 6; //Output pin injector 1
pinInjector2 = 7; //Output pin injector 2
pinInjector3 = 8; //Output pin injector 3
pinInjector4 = 9; //Output pin injector 4
pinCoil1 = 24; //Pin for coil 1
pinCoil2 = 25; //Pin for coil 2
pinCoil3 = 23; //Pin for coil 3
pinCoil4 = 22; //Pin for coil 4
pinTrigger = 19; //The CRANK Sensor pin
pinTrigger2 = 18; //The Cam Sensor pin
pinFlex = 20; // Flex sensor PLACEHOLDER value for now
pinTPS = A0; //TPS input pin
pinSpareTemp1 = A1; //LMM sensor pin
pinO2 = A2; //O2 Sensor pin
pinIAT = A3; //IAT sensor pin
pinCLT = A4; //CLT sensor pin
pinMAP = A7; //internal MAP sensor
pinBat = A6; //Battery reference voltage pin
pinBaro = A5; //external MAP/Baro sensor pin
pinO2_2 = A9; //O2 sensor pin (second sensor) PLACEHOLDER value for now
pinLaunch = 2; //Can be overwritten below
pinTachOut = 10; //Tacho output pin
pinIdle1 = 11; //Single wire idle control
pinIdle2 = 14; //2 wire idle control PLACEHOLDER value for now
pinFuelPump = 3; //Fuel pump output
pinVVT_1 = 15; //Default VVT output PLACEHOLDER value for now
pinBoost = 13; //Boost control
pinSpareLOut1 = 49; //enable Wideband Lambda Heater
pinSpareLOut2 = 16; //low current output spare2 PLACEHOLDER value for now
pinSpareLOut3 = 17; //low current output spare3 PLACEHOLDER value for now
pinSpareLOut4 = 21; //low current output spare4 PLACEHOLDER value for now
pinFan = 12; //Pin for the fan output
pinResetControl = 46; //Reset control output PLACEHOLDER value for now
break;

pinMAP = A7; //internal MAP sensor
and
pinBaro = A5; //external MAP/Baro sensor pin
are the entries to change.

Download the official firmware release (zip file) from https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/releases , unzip it, do the desired changes and then compile it with your preferred tool like Arduino IDE or PlatformIO.

If you don't feel comfortable to do this by yourself please let me know, i can do it for you and give you the modified firmware.

Best regards,
Chris
By Hich
Hi Chris, thanks a lot! for pointing me to this I think I can do that.. :)
Actually, I do not have an onboard sensor at all just the MAP sensor integrated in the throttle body (mainly, because the previous system did not). Is this something I would need or you would strongly recommend?
Thanks Karsten

He's quite prolific with respect to video and elec[…]

I’m thinking it’s the voltage regulato[…]

HAHA Thank you! Ok got it the outer part of the […]

+1, I use old driver versions in my Windows machin[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?