For any discussion not specifically related to your project
Yes, this is not a CDI it is a TCI (Transistor control ignition), the way i understand, this circuit keeps the coil energized and releases the negative at the ignition point, creating the spark. If i turn my ignition switch on and do not start the engine, the coil will receive continuous 12v from the battery. You understand better them me this circuit it appears rsrsr, correct me if i´m wrong ... I search for the datasheet of the IC and the only thing about it i found was this: "The M59201P from MITSUBISHI manufacturer is a Amplificador Linear Devices with Winchester Servo Preamplifier with Low Current Drain"

My question is 1): can i just plug my pickup coil to my VR conditioner (there is pictures of it here)?

2) How will i setup the crank sensor on TunerStudio? Just dumb coil? What else?

3) Is it a good option to just use my old TCI box as a "VR conditioner"? The idea is to get the output that would go to the coil, reduce the voltage to 5v and them feed this into a 74LS04 inverter logic chip, so i would get a rising edge digital signal?

The box dos some timing by itself, as PSIG sad and i think so... For the ignition part of Speeduino i think this would not be a problem, instead of advancing in lets say 5000rmp 35 degrees i would have to advance in Speeduino just 10 because the box already is giving me a 25 degrees advance... But what about the injector? This would be a problem ?

4) Finally, if anyone have some advice or suggestion on how to make it work with my original setup, i will deeply appreciate and i will post everything i can about it, configs done, map, prints, photos of how i did etc.

Thank everybody that are helping me on this journey.

JHolland wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:43 am That is quite cool, a very simple analogue circuit based around a quad op-amp. It would be interesting to see what is inside the modern pattern parts.
Only a 300V transistor and I don't see a high voltage cap, is it really a CDI?
PSIG wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:05 am
Virgilio Caio wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:39 pm Base on what you sad i can deduce that my stock ignition module dos nothing in respect of timing,
Yes, it advances up to 25° from base timing.
Last edited by Virgilio Caio on Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry, i just realized one thing: The 25 degrees is the maximum advance possible, because of the length of the teeth on my rotor, right? :cry:

PSIG wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:05 am
Virgilio Caio wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:39 pm Base on what you sad i can deduce that my stock ignition module dos nothing in respect of timing,
Yes, it advances up to 25° from base timing.

Virgilio Caio wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:39 pmThat been said, it will be great to advance more than 25 degrees that the stock setup allows, to do that i simple have to extend the notch (starting at the rising edge pulse, counterclockwise) on my rotor?
I do not know if it will continue to remove delay, to increase advance, if you make the trigger longer.
Virgilio Caio wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 pm I search for the datasheet of the IC and the only thing about it i found was this: "The M59201P from MITSUBISHI manufacturer is a Amplificador Linear Devices with Winchester Servo Preamplifier with Low Current Drain"

The M59201P is very common in Japanese circuits, it is a quad op-amp, the pinout is industry standard, the same as an LM2901 or similar. You should be able to use the signal out of the zero-crossing detector as a VR conditioner or just copy the circuit. It looks like a typical VR circuit from an early Denso or Mitsubishi ECU, but I can't see all of it to determine how the advance is added.
I was thinking about my problem, i just can´t find an answer if the speeduino will work with the original rotor/flywheel of my motorcycle (work providing ignition and fuel delivery).

The problem is that the original flywheel/rotor of the engine has one fat tooth, that's it, and it appears to me that the sensor sees this tooth ATDC, and the length of the tooth tells the max advance possible. When low RPM the ignition happens at the falling edge, so it would be TDC... When high RPM the ignition happens at the rising edge (start of the fat tooth) so it will be advance 25 degrees BTDC (the length of the fat tooth)...

If anyone can give me a clue if speeduino will work with the original bike rotor/flywheel, please tell me.

I´m moving with the solution of build a 36-1 tooth trigger wheel, but this will involve a hole lot of problems that i don´t know yet if i will be able to resolve...
JHolland wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:54 am
Virgilio Caio wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 pm I search for the datasheet of the IC and the only thing about it i found was this: "The M59201P from MITSUBISHI manufacturer is a Amplificador Linear Devices with Winchester Servo Preamplifier with Low Current Drain"

The M59201P is very common in Japanese circuits, it is a quad op-amp, the pinout is industry standard, the same as an LM2901 or similar. You should be able to use the signal out of the zero-crossing detector as a VR conditioner or just copy the circuit. It looks like a typical VR circuit from an early Denso or Mitsubishi ECU, but I can't see all of it to determine how the advance is added.
Auto Transmission Controller

I have read through most of the Wiki. Am I missin[…]

What is in the stock ECU? some of them don't use a[…]

Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?