For any discussion not specifically related to your project
currently my limousine is drive by wire. I have just put an order in for some throttle drive by wire controller and VR signal conditioner.
My car is MAF and from what I have learn't speeduino is not MAF compatible?
So I need to get a MAP sensor.
I don't want to use the onboard sensor for the board because of my airconditioning-vacuum-pulling experience I know that vacuum doesn't move well inside hoses.
So because I want a fast response and accuracy I will drill a hole into my intake manifold and install a MAP sensor and MAF sensor
I am after a MAP sensor that has only one srew for mounting so that I don't have to turn my manifold into a swill cheese.
I just opened my speeduino to look for supported sensors, I am going to boost the limousine slightly.
how about this MAP-sensor?

and this could be my intake air temperature sensor?

anything that I have to look out for before purchasing the sensors?
huramentzefix wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:35 pm I don't want to use the onboard sensor for the board because of my airconditioning-vacuum-pulling experience I know that vacuum doesn't move well inside hoses.
So because I want a fast response and accuracy I will drill a hole into my intake manifold and install a MAP sensor and MAF sensor
I'm not a fan of on-board MAP sensors because its much easier to run a wire but my Jaguar has an on-board sensor, the vacuum line is about 10 feet long and it isn't a problem.
huramentzefix wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:35 pmI don't want to use the onboard sensor for the board because of my airconditioning-vacuum-pulling experience I know that vacuum doesn't move well inside hoses.
We are not moving vacuum mass or volume like AC evacuation. We are conducting a pressure wave with little movement of air in the tube. A very different condition.

Please do a search of tests that have been performed to find real-world effects of direct and remote MAP sensors. You will find both are completely usable, even to long distances. One test was 100M and performed properly for engine control. Note there are some obvious limitations, such as not using a 50mm hose as a vacuum line, and other obvious parameters we would not use. That said it's one little tube to connect. Conversely, most MAP sensors require 3 wires, connections, location, etc. Higher cost and complication overall, but that can fit the project requirements better. Your choice for what methods to choose, for your purposes.

The big point - more options are always awesome, and any options used here are available to you, for your purposes and requirements. Take care to avoid assuming something isn't as good or is better without evidence. In this case, they are all good and used on millions of factory cars each. Your choices for your reasons. Do your thing. 8-)

huramentzefix wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:41 pm how far away from the intake valves should one install the MAP sensor for not having cracy oscillation?
… Is it internally electronically smoothed? is it smoothed on the speeduino?
MAP oscillations are dependent on the pressure oscillations in the intake plenum. The MAP sensor reads whatever pressure it is, wherever you put it. Averaged intake plenums are smoother, as are larger volume plenums, and independent or small-volume are higher variation, regardless of the sensor.

Runners and ports are different conditions. Of course there will be greater variation in an intake runner than a plenum, and why ITBs have large variation (their plenum is the runner and port volume ;)), while big-plenum multi-cylinder intake manifold have less pressure variation during cycles. The higher effective pressure of small plenums and runners (e.g., high MAP on VE Tables at low throttle) has been explained here before. I don't have a link, so you'll have to search.

JHolland wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:52 amI'm not a fan of on-board MAP sensors because …
And the point of all the options, so you can choose what's best for your project, conditions, skills and preferences. They all work. They do. Pick what works for you. 8-)
blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Thank you all for your input. I have managed to g[…]

Working on adding some different wheel definitions[…]

FW 202402 6IGN compile issue

#define BOARD_H "board_avr2560.h&quot[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?