Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
+1 To @jonbill.

The wiring was what was concerning me. The ground amps should not be anywhere near Speedy. For ignition, speedy only deals with logic voltage milli amps. Unless you have IBGT's (equivilant to the ignitor) on the Speedy board.

So perhaps publish a wiring diagram to clarify.

We don't want to burn anything out at his stage, :D
IIRC you have passive ("dumb") coils, and using Bosch coil drivers (ignitors) to fire them, yes? If so the ground on the coil drivers goes to the engine block. Only the signal from the ECM (e.g., IGN1), and no ground at the ECM for the coils.

This can be confusing, as some drivers and smart coils use 4 pins, with the power ground to the block, and a separate signal ground to the ECM. I don't think you have the 4th pin signal ground (signal return), but verify that for us.

[EDIT] According to this diagram that is supposedly a 986, the coil(-) is GN/BL. This wire would connect to the coil driver, and the coil driver to block ground. Does that make sense how you wired it?

The BK in the image appears to be battery voltage, and the BN would be a high-voltage ground for spark, as the coil secondary is not internally connected to the primary as a common 2-pin passive coil would be. This is all assumption, as I do not have more diagrams to trace the wires to confirm what each wire is. :(
986 ignition coil wiring.jpg
986 ignition coil wiring.jpg (40.57 KiB) Viewed 87 times

I saw this suggested on GitHub. I've used programm[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Ignore my previous posts, I'm an idiot. Turns out […]

He's quite prolific with respect to video and elec[…]

I’m thinking it’s the voltage regulato[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?