Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By TeoBecks
Hi guys, for a few days now I have been consuming the pages of the Speeduino wiki and I am practically determined to embark on this fascinating adventure.
I discovered Speeduino really by chance, wandering around on YT and it immediately fascinated me thinking I could mount it on my 1123 Ducati that I am building. 8-)
I have known the Arduino world for a few years already, I am not an expert, but I have realized some small projects with great satisfaction (lastly the flushing bench for the motor heads with a mass flow meter and two MAP sensors), I know the ECUs little, but I often play with the Magneti Marelli IAW of my motorcycles by modifying the petrol maps after having recorded and analyzed the values ​​with a wideband sensor and the OBD interface.

I still have some doubts about Speeduino that I hope you can get rid of so I definitely decide to buy!

- is it possible to read only one lambda sensor? Reading the wiki it seems so, even in the Tunerstudio settings (I temporarily connected with one of my ArduinoUno) I only find adjustments for a single lambda sensor. I ask for confirmation and possibly if there is the possibility of connecting and managing a second sensor, perhaps through a free analog input.

- I did not find anything about the electronic gearshift command for the motorcycles, especially for the downshift operation: did I search wrong? Can you possibly suggest me the page where to look? Thank you

- is there the possibility to connect a dashboard? Naively I thought you could connect an LCD display to Arduino and read the values ​​while I'm running. Did I say a stupid thing? Is there a kit for Speeduino?

- I then noticed that the fuel and spark maps have the possibility of having the TPS and RPM brekpoints different from each other: or rather, in the simulation with Tunerstudio I saw this peculiarity. Confirm or did I just make a mistake in the Tunerstudio settings?

That's enough for now with the questions :lol: , I hope I haven't asked trivial questions or written too many things, I'm intrigued by Speeduino.

If I wrote something trivial, I kindly ask you to forgive me and tell me which pages of the wiki to read more and more carefully.

Thanks so much

Matteo
Last edited by TeoBecks on Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
By theonewithin
You can have as many widebands as you want.

Just need to connect them to any free analog input.

Speeduino will only use 1 for fuel corrections however.

Dash you need the search the forum there are options. All are DIY and nothing is a kit that you just build and away you go

Your other questions are a bit vague for me to answer.
By TeoBecks
Thanks a lot for the answer.

For the dashboard, I'll search the forum (didn't think about doing this before, sorry), thanks.

Ok for the wideband.

For the gearbox, I was wondering if there was a "quickshifter" and "downshifter" function to be applied to the motorcycle gearbox.

The question about the fuel and spark tables instead, I try to study TunerStudio a little longer, then eventually ask.

Thanks so much
By theonewithin
Quick shifter you will need to search the forum once again

Someone has done it.

Not possible for downshift. Require electronic throttle for that and Speeduino does not and will not support it.

Still no idea what you mean in regards to the tables.
By jonbill
I think the question about the tables is whether it is OK to have different values on the axes from spark to VE table, and MAP for load on one and TPS the other.
the answer I think is both are OK, the calculations of spark and fuelling are independent.
By TeoBecks
jonbill wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:20 am I think the question about the tables is whether it is OK to have different values on the axes from spark to VE table, and MAP for load on one and TPS the other.
the answer I think is both are OK, the calculations of spark and fuelling are independent.
Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to understand.
By TeoBecks
theonewithin wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:34 am Quick shifter you will need to search the forum once again

Someone has done it.

Not possible for downshift. Require electronic throttle for that and Speeduino does not and will not support it.

Still no idea what you mean in regards to the tables.
Great thanks.

I know that the "downshifter" only works with the "ride-by-wire" throttle, some time ago I tried to manage an accelerator with Arduino and a servo motor, it worked but only on a test motor put on a bench
By JHolland
SpotTheDogg wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:52 am Hi! I’m wondering if you figured out how to use a pressure sensor input to cut ignition momentarily for a quick shifter?
Do you mean a strain gauge?

Thank you all for your input. I have managed to g[…]

Working on adding some different wheel definitions[…]

FW 202402 6IGN compile issue

#define BOARD_H "board_avr2560.h&quot[…]

I seem to remember the VG30 used a two-signal outp[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?