Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By jonbill
Also you'll need to get a wideband sensor & controller to make tuning easier. and it looks like your alternator isn't working.
By BearWolf
I am going to run with ITB in the future and I am not sure how I will be able to implement MAP in a way where I'd like it. I found where to change the % TP, and the setting explains why it was running so rich when revving the engine. Lamba will come down the line as a tuning tool.

Like I said, my biggest concern is the trigger set up I have made, and the fact the screen (from the video) going blank when logging live created some doubts in me that it's working, but the log said no sync losses so I am just looking for opinions if it is working right or not.

I saw the voltages on the log too and thought I need to check out the alternator, but first, a new fuel pump (or a used one that fits 100% on the original place).

Thanks for all replies
By PSIG
BearWolf wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:06 pm I am going to run with ITB in the future and I am not sure how I will be able to implement MAP in a way where I'd like it.
You don't have to like it, and it is not used for running the engine. It is a tuning tool reference. An important one. Anywhere between the throttle blade and the intake valve works for a MAP reference source.
BearWolf wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:06 pm Lamba will come down the line as a tuning tool.
Lambda is not a tuning tool in the conventional sense, and widely misunderstood for its role in tuning. Please do a search for MAP and Lambda as different types of tools for tuning, and how they can, could or should be used most effectively. In the meantime, I'd make provision for both.
By BearWolf
Continuing my madness.

I have graduated from a very crude makeshift wiring to something that looks OEM, and that's when everything went south. I started to have crazy sync losses. I had them initially, but wrapping the wiring for my trigger setup with some aluminum foil and grounded it worked like a charm. No sync losses whatsoever. But with what I would think is a proper harness, and shielded as should, sync losses are looming. As a trouble shooting attempt I decided to make a separate wiring for just my trigger setup. It has only sync and trigger shielded and VCC and GND unsheilded; signal cables are twisted, wrapped with aluminum foil, and then a mesh sleeve covering them. It started fine and very few random losses, which occurred predominantly at engine deceleration. It got worse as I leaned out fuel to get AFR closer to 14 as it was initially around 11.5 (presuming my Bylund WB controller is correct). I finally applied aggressive filtering for trigger and sync losses went away. I went back to leaning out fuel and sync losses came back, this time way worse. It was idling and losing sync the whole. Trying to give it more fuel to where it was running somewhat okay earlier didn't restore. It seems like when I select aggressive filtering sync losses get worse compared to low and mid filtering.

Speaking of WB, my Bylund O2 controller reads fairly steady in the provided software, but I also have it connected to my 3.7 and it is all erratic with the lambda ranging from 0.7 to 1.2. Would I need to apply some sort of RC filtering to stabilize the value?

My setup is still makeshift with my 3.7 and WB controller nailed to a board and sitting on top of the cowl. It worked earlier and the only thing that changed is that I made a wiring harness. Why leaning fuel will make it lose sync is confusing to me. Or is it that running longer and things heating up will make it malfunction somewhere? I had it running for about an hour.

Car is not drivable, sitting on jack stands, alternator doesn't charge (but charged battery), and I have still omitted a MAP sensor (which should be irrelevant to my sync losses).

This is a slow learning process for fun. So far I have found that applying incorrect dead time for the injectors eats spark plugs, lots of them, and creates thick plumes of black smoke thru the tail pipe when revved.
Attachments
IMG_20240401_155519_054.jpg
IMG_20240401_155519_054.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 263 times
IMG_20240401_154232_985.jpg
IMG_20240401_154232_985.jpg (1.49 MiB) Viewed 263 times
IMG_20240401_151955_303.jpg
IMG_20240401_151955_303.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 263 times
By PSIG
I would run MLV traces for rpm/s and sync loss with each other, to see if there is a relationship. I always run the rows of little gauges in MLV to spot any weirdness or needles that twitch when something happens. Again - relationships, if you can find them.
By BearWolf
PSIG, thanks for taking your time with folks like me.

I tinkered a little more this morning and found that an RC filter stabilized the AFR/lamba. A 220uF cap and two parallel 1K resistors did the trick. However, TS shows different value depending on where one looks. This puzzles me.
IMG_20240403_111756_355.jpg
IMG_20240403_111756_355.jpg (186.11 KiB) Viewed 168 times
IMG_20240403_111806_454.jpg
IMG_20240403_111806_454.jpg (218.08 KiB) Viewed 168 times
And I am onto the sync misses. It is something with the 3.7 board itself, somewhere. I do not use ignition from the board but have it set to batch firing. When it starts losing sync only no2 is firing. I had the car running and unplugged the Mega and plugged it back in. This seem to reset the board and after doing this sync losses are gone and it is showing it is firing on both 1 and 2.

I now prepared another Mega and swapped it. Now AFR and lamba is the same. Strange, but I'll take it. However, the car dies randomly now and sometimes I hear a buzzing somewhere I haven't heard before when it does.

Gremlins... they are everywhere, having a party. I'll get an eviction notice.
By PSIG
BearWolf wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:07 pmHowever, TS shows different value depending on where one looks. This puzzles me.

IMG_20240403_111756_355.jpg
IMG_20240403_111806_454.jpg
:lol: Evict the gremlins!
Your images show Lambda and Target Lambda. Lambda is real-time. Target Lambda is the value in your AFR/Lambda Table for the current cell. If O2 Corrections are ON, then it will try to adjust to the target. We do not turn on O2 Corrections until the tune is very good, only for it to make small adjustments. It is not a tool to make it always run the target Lambda even if the tune is bad. ;) You will be disappointed if you try that.

Finding gremlins is easiest with MegaLogViewer, and was the screenshot earlier. Are you using that to look at logs? You can also use it to auto-adjust your VE Table to your Target Lambdas. 8-)
Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Thank you all for your input. I have managed to g[…]

Working on adding some different wheel definitions[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?