Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Rednaxs60
Picture of the Cheery Hall Effect sensor:
Cherry Hall Effect Sensor.jpg
Cherry Hall Effect Sensor.jpg (58.94 KiB) Viewed 218 times
I had sync issues with my GW engine using the dual wheel decoder system. The issue was at low RPM the VR cam sensor signal was not consistent, or "strong" enough for Speeduino, and sync losses were abundant. Do you have a lot of sync losses showing up?
Rednaxs60 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:10 pm Picture of the Cheery Hall Effect sensor:
Cherry Hall Effect Sensor.jpg
I had sync issues with my GW engine using the dual wheel decoder system. The issue was at low RPM the VR cam sensor signal was not consistent, or "strong" enough for Speeduino, and sync losses were abundant. Do you have a lot of sync losses showing up?
No i don't have
I think i fix the problem. it came from speeduino code. The gm7x pattern was written for 6 cylinders not for 4 cylinders. Also, the code have issue on finding the sync notch. I added more robustness in code and i wrote the code for 4 cylinder. I tried it with starter an now timing don't jump but it drift -+1 degree around TDC. It's either speeduino still has a bug or the timing calculation is not super precise.

For now i think for a demolition derby car is enough. So i will try if engine run great.
I fixed the timing. Now when i crank engine with crank angle at 0 the timing is always at 0 !

But, i tried to start engine and i did not start. I had too validations on decoder. I remove somes and engine started but at cranking i have some sync lost but when it run i don't have sync lost.

Engine run like shit and timing jump when engine run.

I don't know if it's my modifications in code or if i have too noise on my crank sensor.

If someome can help me it will be appreciated !

Thanks a lot,
Jason
Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Thank you all for your input. I have managed to g[…]

Working on adding some different wheel definitions[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?