Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By PSIG
Always modify a standard Base Tune file so all important settings have something entered by default. Very odd, missing or garbage default settings indicate either a corrupted tune or one filled incompletely from scratch/nothing. Load a base tune from SpeedyLoader, then modify it with basic values from your current tune. Review all settings for reasonable values or if they should be on/off or enabled, etc, for first start.

I suggest not enabling advanced functions (O2 corrections, idle timing control, dual tables, etc), and only use basic functions that are required to run the engine at first, so the advanced functions settings don't fight you making initial adjustments.
By soultron
I had the car running on a version of this tune but you're likely onto something. Starting from scratch could help. I've made a lot of hardware changes since then and I also haven't updated the firmware.
The injector correction being zero seemed strange considering most examples were 100 and I can't remember touching that, so maybe this tune has gone off track somewhere. 🤷🏾
I'll try with a base tune closer to what I've got and see where if that clears things up.
PSIG wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:36 am Always modify a standard Base Tune file so all important settings have something entered by default. Very odd, missing or garbage default settings indicate either a corrupted tune or one filled incompletely from scratch/nothing. Load a base tune from SpeedyLoader, then modify it with basic values from your current tune. Review all settings for reasonable values or if they should be on/off or enabled, etc, for first start.

I suggest not enabling advanced functions (O2 corrections, idle timing control, dual tables, etc), and only use basic functions that are required to run the engine at first, so the advanced functions settings don't fight you making initial adjustments.
The fuel PW going to zero coincides with Engine bit = 32 which is TP DE (throttle deceleration fuel cut), if I am reading the engine bit code correctly.

TPS Fuel Cut.png
TPS Fuel Cut.png (221.33 KiB) Viewed 396 times

I looked at the tune settings for DFCO under Acceleration Enrichment tab, but this is set to OFF.

Is there any chance that the datalog and the tune posted are not a matched set? That is, the tune when the fuel cut happens had DFCO engaged?
The tune and log possibly don't match because I did the setting in the house and had to make a few changes before I tried it. I checked out the current tune and DFCO is set to off.
FiatDuino wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:03 pm Found it. Fuel decel enleanment set to zero
Appreciate you checking. ok, That's a parameter I didn't set. I'm staying out of anything complex till I have it right, so much like the Injector Voltage Correction from a previous post, I'm not sure how I missed that.
And unfortunately neither this or improving my vacuum lines today changed a lot. There's either a very specific thing I'm missing or something about the 5v/TPS is off. Aside from the blip at the beginning to check the tps, I'm not touching the throttle in the log.
By PSIG
soultron wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:38 amok, That's a parameter I didn't set. … There's either a very specific thing I'm missing …
This is the default setting in TunerStudio:
DE_default_100.jpg
DE_default_100.jpg (8.42 KiB) Viewed 326 times

If you did not change it:
  • the tune is corrupted, or
  • the tune was not built on a Base Tune.
See my earlier post. The Base Tune sets the defaults that you then change specific settings for your specific engine, injectors, sensors, etc. I strongly suggest you download a Base Tune and modify it, in order to avoid missing settings that could prevent proper operation.
PSIG wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:47 pm See my earlier post. The Base Tune sets the defaults that you then change specific settings for your specific engine, injectors, sensors, etc. I strongly suggest you download a Base Tune and modify it, in order to avoid missing settings that could prevent proper operation.
I took that post very seriously. On Sunday I cleared the mega with speedy loader and started from scratch on a base tune. After realizing the signature and base didn't match, today I did it all over again with 202402 firmware. The result is more or less the same. Starts well, idles for a few seconds and calmly dies. I only have free MLV currently but I can still see odd behavior in the TPS. It was mentioned before that this could be an issue with the MEGA and I have a spare I haven't tried. I'm still not sure about my vacuum source, a trip to the parts store may fix that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wAl5jh ... sp=sharing

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

I search for the datasheet of the IC and the on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?