Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
I update,
I have already tried starting the car again with the changes made and it seems that only one long tooth is coming out,
but I haven't been able to get the car to start. :(
I'll give you the logs I've made.
Attachments
(87.18 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
(314.86 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
(52.92 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
The tooth log looks good. The one long tooth with RISING edge.

The next step is to set the Trigger Angle for #1 tooth.
Trigger Angle.png
Trigger Angle.png (73.2 KiB) Viewed 503 times
From the tooth log, we can see compression stroke patterns as the crankshaft goes faster and slower through one engine cycle. Clearly, Tooth #1 is not near these compression peaks (longer times in the sine wave pattern). We do not know from the tooth log which peak is TDC cylinder #1. There appear to be two possibilities.
Tooth #1 ATDC.png
Tooth #1 ATDC.png (262.05 KiB) Viewed 503 times

You will have to verify which one manually as described in the manual.

I have included an experimental technique using a radar plot of one engine cycle. From this, I am guessing the two possible angles are 96 degrees or 276 degrees ATDC. It depends on where the TDC of cylinder one actually is. Your manual measurement will be more accurate.
Radar.png
Radar.png (167.78 KiB) Viewed 503 times
If you change sensor wiring polarity, or the Trigger Edge setting, it will change the spark timing. You must check timing again with a timing light and adjust Trigger Angle to see the same timing on the timing marks as the ECM is commanding.

lovosal wrote:Today I received the plates with all the components (NO2C + VR max 9926).
We can verify the correct fix was applied now. The MAX conditioner is a signal inverting conditioner. The correct Trigger Edge setting for the MAX VR conditioner in most applications is Rising, and if it shows a single long bar in the tooth log, all is correct. :D

For reference and for others reading: As the MAX is a signal inverting conditioner; if the tooth log showed correct with a single long bar on Falling setting, then we would know the sensor polarity was reversed and would need to be changed to get a good log with Rising. ;) The opposite would be true for non-inverting conditioners, such as the DSC, opto conditioners, etc, that normally use a Falling setting.
Hello,
Hmmm, I think I just got a little lost...
Am I supposed to put my "Rising" settings back in??

Anyway Now with the light gun, both in "
Rising" as in "Falling" I can't see the sync marks.

That being said, should I put the settings back to "Rising" mode and check the "trigger Angle (Deg)" box?
And if so, should I put, according to the Fiat Duino colleague, either of the two angles mentioned "96 or 276" and test them to see if I can see the synchronization marks with the light gun?
The angles I presented in my last post were best-guess. The numbers are only a rough estimate and not accurate enough to use.

As I mentioned before, you need to determine these angles for your setup more accurately.

Look for Trigger Angle/Timing Setting information at this link:
https://wiki.speeduino.com/en/decoders/Missing_Tooth

This involves manually setting the engine to TDC on cylinder 1 and then measuring the angle needed to manually rotate the crank (in the direction of the engine rotation) until "tooth #1" (the first tooth after the missing teeth) aligns with the crank sensor. That angle is the one you need to enter into "trigger angle". There are 6 degrees per tooth for a 60-2 wheel. Count the teeth to measure the angle.

Then you can use the timing light to confirm that the angle is correct.
Ok, I'm going to try doing it in the car these days! I think this was the problem, since all the times I have tried to locate the synchronization marks, they did not appear anywhere, and when I saw the graph already explained by you I understood why they were not visible. I will adjust cylinder number 1 to TDC, which is when it blows and air comes out of the spark plug hole, and once I have it, I will align, as it says, Tooth number 1, which is the one after the two missing ones, and I will count the degrees. Thanks also for the information that each tooth, in a 60-2 pulley, is 6 degrees.
Thank you so much.
HELLO,
I was with the car looking for the TDC of cylinder 1, and once I found it, I began to move it in the direction of travel of the car until the space without teeth appeared, once the space without teeth reached the mark on the engine block , mark the first tooth that was after the space without teeth and take that tooth (in the direction of travel of the car) to the crankshaft position sensor. Then I counted the teeth from the mark on the engine block, to the right, until I reached the tooth that was already on the sensor... and I got 32 teeth.
If I multiply this by the 6 degrees that each tooth has on my wheel, which is 60-2, I get a total of 192 degrees...

but this doesn't fit me with what my partner got!! Have I counted correctly? attached photos
Attachments
Captura2.JPG
Captura2.JPG (117.6 KiB) Viewed 402 times
If I understand correctly what you are describing, the mark on the block is only for helping to set TDC cylinder #1. It is not used in the counting.

Maybe this series of diagrams will help.
I do not have a graphic for a 60-2 wheel, so this is the concept using a wheel with fewer teeth.
Setting Tooth Angle.png
Setting Tooth Angle.png (99.43 KiB) Viewed 401 times

I hope this helps.
Thanks for answering

So for me to clarify.
The only thing I would have to do now would be to count from the other side and not from where I did it.
And taking into account that the two empty spaces without teeth would be counted in my case as two more teeth since it is a 60-2.
I would start counting from the First tooth to the mark on the pulley. What I'm not clear about is if I should also count the first tooth or that one would not be counted.
From what I see in the photo, it would not be counted and would start from the space without teeth.
Thank you very much for the help.
I'll see if I can do it tomorrow and get the first boot.
I'll make more logs so I can review everything later.
Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instructions from a long time ago:
  1. The crank is set manually to TDC. From here on, TDC is irrelevant. Forget it.
  2. Note or mark the tooth under the sensor.
  3. Note the first tooth after the missing-tooth gap, in normal rotation (Tooth1).
  4. Rotate the crank until Tooth1 is under the sensor.
  5. How many degrees did it rotate? That is your approximate Trigger Angle.
With that concept, even simpler:
  1. Set the crank at TDC.
  2. Count the degrees of rotation until Tooth1 is under the sensor.
  3. Enter that number as Trigger Angle.
Or, just count the teeth that would pass, from the sensor to Tooth1, and multiply by tooth-degrees. Or, count teeth backwards and either subtract 360 (same answer), or enter Trigger Angle with a negative (–45 or whatever). Once you grasp the concept (degrees from 0° to Tooth1 signal) there are many ways to find that value of Trigger Angle. 8-)

HERE is one of many old posts explaining it with different approaches and pictures. I hope it helps!
NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?