Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
Wow, that's really bad. The sensor response to the tooth shape is likely what we are seeing (similar to some Toyotas) So, yeah, the first way is correct for the sensor, but keep in-mind I don't know which edge the decoder was written for. So either correct or reversed polarity could be the right one to use for that, and if it was written for reversed, it won't read right either way… if you see what I mean.
@PSIG : I see what you mean.

I took a look at the code for clue and the workaround is to devided the real 44-2-2 flywheel into a 4 virtual tooth trigger wheel. 360/44 equal a floating number and Speeduino deals only with real number to calculate angles. So we end up with 4 trigger tooth and an trigger angle of 90°.

Each 12 real tooth detected decoder counter reset and virtual tooth increment.

Renault_44_2_2_Flywheel_speeduino_workaroud.jpg
Renault_44_2_2_Flywheel_speeduino_workaroud.jpg (172.55 KiB) Viewed 4038 times

Only raising edge can work.

Assymetric_missing-tooth.png
Assymetric_missing-tooth.png (178.14 KiB) Viewed 4038 times

I added some debug info into the code and made a try on the stock engine with stock sensor and code seems to work properly.
But no sync and no rpm signal into TunerStudio.

- Can you confirm that speeduino use the #1 teeth as reference point (just after missing teeth) to compute ignition and injection stuff ?
- What event trigger RPM signal and sync from Speeduino to TunerStudio ?

Best regards.
The 44 tooth decoder is now part of the main code branch. This means it will be in the next firmware release. The code also supports the 66 tooth trigger wheel using the same principle but this isn't tested. The testers didn't have a cam signal so the code only works with a distributor due to their being nothing unique within 360 degrees of crank rotation. A cam signal can be added in so the distributor can be removed in due course if there is demand.
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?