For discussion of anything related to the Speeduino documentation wiki
Hello I'm new here, I've been bumbling around here for a week or so deciding which Speedy I was going to buy, I've got an OK understanding of how to make an ECU run an engine, my last project was built around a Microsquirt and ran flawlessly for 7 years until I fried it. I've read Old Greys Beginners guide viewtopic.php?t=221 it's an excellent primer on how to get started, but the leap from there to a first start is huge.
I've been a member of this forum for 2 days and already embarrassed my by self asking a question (admittedly not on a vital to first start point) when the answer was a couple of pages/clicks away, because I was overwhelmed by the volume of data in front of me and couldn't see the wood for the trees, I've also seen a number of posts where people have issues because of incorrect set up or settings.
I've spent several hours determined to figure out the settings I need to get a VW 106B coil pack to work on my NO2C, does its firing pulse need to go high or low, with or without a pull-up or pull-down resistor, do I need to change the resistors on the board or add more in circuit, I have read all of the above, and now I'm more confused than when I started.

Unless there is already one, and I've missed the sign post to it, could we make a Wiki Catalogue of vehicle parts that are known to work, in their I/O groups with data specific to each subtype, and a Table of data points.

Here's how it looks in my head. The ignition section, for example, would have subsections for COP, ignition drivers and dumb coils, smart coils and distributors. Each subsection would start with info and links relating to that section followed by a table of; OEM, Part Number, connector type, pin outs, voltages, current draw, Hi/Low trigger, dwell data and importantly notes.
Take the idea of this across all the I/O's, and we will have, known working building blocks for making a Speeduino work successfully first time, which will make it more accessible, and more popular.

It could be updated with a form, which would be easy for one person to fill in and another to verify, so you don't have just anyone adding random data to it and ruining it.

I hope this is taken in the spirit of improvement it is left in, this is a great community with a wealth of knowledge is just rather overwhelming and trying to find the correct data in amongst all the posts and info isn't as easy as it could be.
Dan
Dan, I think that's a fine idea. I would suggest one of many paths, that the info be gathered here in specific threads first. This collects the info, and allows verification and filtering before posting to the Wiki. Easier for the volunteers doing the work. Examples could be Parts Tech - Ignition Coil Drivers, or Parts Tech - IAC valves, etc.
Logicaluk wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:52 pm I've spent several hours determined to figure out the settings I need to get a VW 106B coil pack to work on my NO2C, does its firing pulse need to go high or low, with or without a pull-up or pull-down resistor, do I need to change the resistors on the board or add more in circuit, I have read all of the above, and now I'm more confused than when I started.
First, a reminder that the Search function works pretty well here, and a search for just "106B" will return pages of references. "106B resistance" will be more focused. A point not needed but good to know, is that the PCB IGN outputs are driven high and low, so no pull-up or pull-down is needed, and out put is not inverted. So "going low" is the actual signal voltage at the coil dropping to 0V.

To give you the info you requested, I'll just dump it here in a quick spec pile as an example of a "form fill" for a part. I'm winging it, so the form will need some tweaking. ;)

Part type: ignition coil
Part number: 032 905 106 B
Style: waste-spark, 2-coil, 4-output
Control: active ("smart") passive ("dumb")
Built-in driver: yes (removable module)
Control signal: 5V
Signal fires coil: going low (high to dwell)
PCB driver output resistance: 8 to 18 ohms, functional to ±80+
Voltage category: 12V
Base dwell: 3.5ms variable
Voltage correction: (link to table)
# of wires: 4
Original use: VAG/VW 4-cylinder
App example: 1999-2015 USDM VW Jetta

A search shows more details, such as this one (of many) on PCB driver output resistance:
If your ignition output resistors are 160-ohm, swap them for any value less than half,1/4W, and jumper to 5V. I use 15-ohm (actually anything 8-18 ohm, based on datasheets) for all my boards. The VAG coils are marginal at 5V, as the output resistors are high at 160-ohm, and the LED pulls the voltage down a bit more. Others with MS using TC drivers like ours have used the spec 15-ohm resistors to fire the 106B coil packs on 5V without issue.
Thanks PSIG, It is a great search tool if you know the right keywords, I would never have thought to have searched "106B resistance".

I can add the connector type for the 106b is a 1J0973724 and pin out is 1= IGN1 2=12V 3=IGN 2 4=Ground.

the NO2C vD1 BOM, R3,R5 have a designation of 47r 2w but the MPN says FMP200FRF52-160R but then hidden off on the far right of the page goes on to say (16r 2w for 5v only) RR02J16RTB
ill add some 15r 2w metal film resistors to my shopping list
Dan
NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?