Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By Viperjohn
I was thinking of something to cut the ignition or the injectors or both at the same time while some digital input receives 0v-ground and returns working when the input is disabled, or add some time to kill the engine when it receives this input, because my gearbox automatic when changing time requests torque reduction via a grounding wire
I would like some opinion to develop this project
I'm running Pazzi88 BMW E36 325i automatic ZF5HP18 M50B25TU 93
thanks
By Viperjohn
dzener wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:34 pm Hello,
There is a customized version of Speeduino with the ignition timing/spark cutoff function for automatic transmission, I use it in my car, it works very well, it just isn't on the latest firmware version.

https://github.com/XPbIM3/speeduino/tree/AT_Flatshift
Yes, but that won't work for me because I also need downshift, and this rpmdot reading will be very slow.
By Viperjohn
I probably have burnt Arduino pin 51,I changed the launch/flat pin and now launch/flat works as it should, from now on I'm going to do some tests with the flat option turned on to see how the change behaves, I'll report back
By MikeTreutel
Viperjohn wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:33 pm I probably have burnt Arduino pin 51,I changed the launch/flat pin and now launch/flat works as it should, from now on I'm going to do some tests with the flat option turned on to see how the change behaves, I'll report back
How did the situation unfold? I'm quite curious about the results.
By Viperjohn
MikeTreutel wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:14 pm
Viperjohn wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:33 pm I probably have burnt Arduino pin 51,I changed the launch/flat pin and now launch/flat works as it should, from now on I'm going to do some tests with the flat option turned on to see how the change behaves, I'll report back
How did the situation unfold? I'm quite curious about the results.
The flatshift option for automatic shifting worked successfully, when the shift starts the gear change it sends 0v and consequently the ignition goes down immediately taking the torque from the engine so the gear can enter the gear without jerks.
By PSIG
If you simplify the description, you may find more info in searches. For example, there is a thread about this I recall for motorcycles using a sweep-switch (Hall sensor) on the shift lever to signal when it's in gear-change to the same effect. Sometimes viewing the problem from higher altitude helps to define it, or other options and viewpoints. 8-)
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Also... do you race superkarts?

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?