For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By dazq
JanKovalski wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:32 pm
Kubs wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:37 pmTeensy is unavailable
There's over 60 Teensy 4.1 boards in a local store. Should I buy them all and resell to speeduino community around the world?
There is no official speedy board nor adaptor board for the 4.1 at this time so demand is limited.
That said There is support for the 4.1 and Josh recently posted that he was going to check over the firmware to confirm t4.1 operation status.
By JanKovalski
dazq wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:12 pmThere is no official speedy board nor adaptor board for the 4.1 at this time so demand is limited. That said There is support for the 4.1 and Josh recently posted that he was going to check over the firmware to confirm t4.1 operation status.
Kubs wants to gather a team of devs to make speeduino work on ESP32. I think creating a custom board design is the least of an issue here.

After further research I found this on the PJRC website:
Update, January 31: While PJRC is planning to make more Teensy 3.5 when chips become available, we suggest switching to Teensy 4.1 for new projects. We have plenty of Teensy 4.0 and Teensy 4.1 in stock, and the IMXRT chip is expected to be much less impacted by the global chip shortage.

Update, April 2, 2022: More Teensy 4.1 are in production, expected by April 19. Many Teensy 4.1 are still in stock at Digikey, Adafruit, and other distributors.
Indeed over 440 in stock at Digikey. So unless there are cons of using 4.1 over 3.5 I'm not aware of, I don't see any problem here. Teensy is NOT unavailable. There's plenty in stock and it doesn't seem like it's running out before new batch arrives.
By JHolland
Kubs wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:37 pm Well, due to lack of any alternative I'll try to force the speeduino to work on esp. Teensy is unavailable, bluepill is not supported and there is simply no other board with CAN support than esp.
I have spoken with few friends that can dig into embedded, I hope this is doable wiht their help.
There are no input capture or output compare channels on an ESP.
By theonewithin
You can do CAN externally and feed a module serial3.

You seem to be locked in on using a ESP.

You are better off using a supported option and adding what you need to it.

Mega2560 and a CANBUS module that reads serial3.
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?