For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By gt2limited
Has anyone used the FGP3040G2-F085 or the other package variants for driving dumb coils, it seems like the newer version of the ISL9V3040?
Can the TC4424 be omitted and is the usual combo for gate resistors 1K/100K a good match?
With the STP62NS04Z getting harder to source is there any drawback of using the FGP for injectors, boost etc on 0.3.7 just to have one part for all?
By PSIG
I have not. I have used the ISL9V3040 and ISL9V5045, among others. The manufacturer is different, which tells us there will be differences in any case. In this one, they appear to handle about the same load, though the FGP has both a lower breakdown and a higher gate charge.

Without looking deeper into it, this would have me using a push-pull gate driver (TC4424, IXDN602, UCC27524, MIC4416, etc) for quickest and lowest-resistance switching. If you find acceptable switching with only resistors, that's your call, but I doubt it with the FGPs higher gate capacitance in the mid-20s nC and 1000-ohm gate resistance. I use literally 100x less gate resistance than that, and that's with a driver and power capacitor for switching. Ii onlly mention this, as the datasheets say that higher gate resistance lowers the breakdown voltage. :( I am not claiming to be an expert, only trying to follow manufacturer guidelines as I understand them.

Will it work without a driver? Probably, at least operationally to the naked eye. The STP MOSFETs "work", although at low capacity and marginal for some uses without a driver. Your call on all this, and you may want to glance at some papers on IGBT driver circuits, such as this or this, as random examples of when, how and why you would or wouldn't use drivers. 8-) Have fun!
By JHolland
Not recently, its a very old ex-Fairchild part. It works, what values you need will depend on what coil you are using. I would keep the TC4424, to ensure fast switching.
I would not use a 400V part for injectors.
blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Thank you all for your input. I have managed to g[…]

Working on adding some different wheel definitions[…]

FW 202402 6IGN compile issue

#define BOARD_H "board_avr2560.h&quot[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?