For anything related to the 'official' Speeduino boards (Eg v0.3, v0.4 etc)
By Dropbear_mini
Hello all,

I would like to build the speeduino Dropbear ECU but getting the T3.5 is quite a challenge and i would like to use the T4.1 but will it drop in.

I have watched Joshes youtube video and it looks like he placed the teensy one pin forward.

If i can get some confirmation that it will work i will go ahead and get everything.

Im building a Naturally Aspirated Mini A motor 1275cc with the K1200RS head so i need an ECU and the Dropbear looks good.

i would like to turbo it at a later time and this should allow it without a new ECU.

also i have the Kicad Dropbear V1.1 PCB i plan on printed and building is this current as well?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 2609 times
By dazq
The dropbear design is being reworked at the moment due to parts supply issues. This is more than just the teensy 3.5 so best check availability of ALL parts before committing to building .
There are other alternative speeduino designs with mega ,stm32 and teensy that may be suitable for your needs .
As suggested above based on what Information you have told us so far even the mega based designs will offer what you need.
By Shuggy
dazq wrote:The dropbear design is being reworked at the moment due to parts supply issues. This is more than just the teensy 3.5 so best check availability of ALL parts before committing to building .
There are other alternative speeduino designs with mega ,stm32 and teensy that may be suitable for your needs .
As suggested above based on what Information you have told us so far even the mega based designs will offer what you need.
What is your best guess on Teensy 4.1 being available dazq?
By dazq
Teensy 4.1 are available from many suppliers (I got some from pihut recently)
The chances of getting a teensy 3.5 now are very limited.

With regards to the new dropbear , last Josh said was it was with beta testers. I would imagine that when it does get released to sale it will be for fully assembled units only with the designs being released later on as the original drop bear was.
By Shuggy
Thanks for the update dazq,

My interest is in purchasing a fully assembled dropbear with 4.1 Teensy, not in the design release date.

Do you have a guestimate on the release timings?
By dazq
Either pm Josh or jump on discord and message him to see if he has any idea on availability.
By Dropbear_mini
LPG2CV wrote:Unless you require canbus, I think a mega would do!

Is that the BMW bike engine head?
yes its the K1200RS head, so a little more work then the K1100LT but hopefully be better off in the longer run.

I have managed to source the T3.5's and i have ordered 5 PCB's which have been loaded. i have managed to track down all the parts and just waiting for them to arrive. i plan to sell 3 of them if people are keen but i dont mind having a few spares if no one wants them.
By LPG2CV
yes its the K1200RS head, so a little more work then the K1100LT but hopefully be better off in the longer run.
Oh! I didn't know peeps did that! Though thinking about it, I can see the advantages. :)

I have a K1100LT sat in my garage. I always mean to have a play with it, but life gets in the way. :lol:
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?