For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By Blizanthimum
What I mean by the subject line is that when I am on the starting line, on the 2step building boost it sounds like uh,uh,uh,BANG,uh,uh,uh,BANG! I want it to sound more like Ratatatatatat like Holley, FuelTech and Haltech's.

This is a turbo miata 1.6 with speedyefi speeduino based ECU. I launch at 6k rpm and have tried +10° to -10° timing and 0% added fuel to +15% added. Nothing makes it faster and more "appealing ". This has lead me to think that something needs changed in the coding to make it behave the way I would like. I know nothing about coding bur I hope that someone will be willing to help me out?
By PSIG
+1. Different engines and different settings have different characteristics. Is your timing ±10 from the table, or absolute? While retard can be quite dangerous due to valve timing, phasing, etc, fuel can be enriched to as much as it will take, and the effect will be different, for example. The engine torque to maintain rpm in launch will have a large effect on cut frequency. It's not likely the logic, it's the engine, settings, and tuning.

Keep playing with it, but my attitude is that the best performance settings have the best sound - not making noise for the noise. That takes tuning, but so does what you're doing. You may not find much response to your question, as most are concerned with achieving best power and performance, not a particular sound. <shrug> If you tune to be the quickest Mazda in town, people may change their minds of what sounds cool. ;) And, you may find that sound you like along the way.
BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?