Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By ravi547
Hey all,
I am trying to build a custom ECU for a project in which speeduino is burned into the mega board and potentiometers are used as sensor inputs. I need to build a power unit to power the board and also the potentiometers. Any insights on how to do that would be helpful. Also this is my first speeduino project, so any tips would be really helpful.
By JHolland
You can copy the Speeduino circuitry from the schematics here:

https://github.com/speeduino/Hardware

Ideally you should change the resistor and capacitor values on the ADC inputs to suit your code, one of the weaknesses of the Speeduino is that those values have never been correct and are they are prone to noise.
By jevgienij
JHolland wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:02 pm Ideally you should change the resistor and capacitor values on the ADC inputs to suit your code, one of the weaknesses of the Speeduino is that those values have never been correct and are they are prone to noise.
What are correct resistor and capacitor values?
By JHolland
That depends on how fast you are sampling the signal, typically a time constant of (1/0.5 * sample rate) is chosen to stay within the Nyquist criteria. So if you are sampling a signal at 100Hz then your time constant would be 1(50) = 20ms. The maximum input resistance for a Mega is around 10k , T = CR so that gives a capacitance of 20ms/10k = 2uF. If you calculate the charge time for the ADC sampling capacitor then 2.2uF works quite well to give a decent resolution with a 20kHz conversion time.
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?