For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By BombshellBikes
I've been scouring these forums and the internet in general and compiled ideas I like from several different existing builds. I am currently planning to run with the STM32F407VET6 chip directly on the board as opposed to running a daughter board of some sort. As I am working on finalizing my schematic, I am finding quite a few variations as to which MCU pins to use. In reading through the latest firmware release (202301), I find several options for pin assignments for STM32F4XX. While I could make my board match any one of these, there's really only one that defines 8 injector and 8 coil pins. The problem that I see is that in "board_stm32_generic.h" the table that lays out timer assignments doesn't match any of the pin configurations in "init.ino" when compared to the STM32F4XXX datasheet. If any you big brained folks out there could help me understand what I'm missing here, I'd really appreciate it.
Case 60 has 8 injector pins defined, but only 5 coils. Also, as I mentioned, if you refer to Table 9 (Alternate function mapping) of the STM32F407 datasheet, it lists, for example Alternate Function 1 of PA8 as Timer 1, Channel 1. In init.ino, Coil 3 is set to PA8. However if you refer to board_stm32_(generic or official).h there is comment section which lays out which timers are to be used for which application. In there, it has IGN3 listed as Timer 3, Channel 3. I guess I am just trying to understand why the mismatch.
By dazq
In the speeduino firmware we don't use the hardware timers directly to output pins.
You can set the output pins to almost anything you want to choose(obviously not usb or spi etc)

The same goes for input pins to, just choose a pin that supports the signal type that needs reading.

If you do choose a custom set of pins for your design , in order to get the pin mapping included in the firmware release you will have to release your designs as fully open source. You can then submit the design to Josh( noisymime) who will consider it for inclusion.
Thanks for the feedback folks, I'll have to figure out this whole Discord thing, lol. I know my kids use it, so I suppose it can't be that bad... As far as submitting my design, I absolutely plan to release my work as fully open source, I tend to follow Josh's philosophy of not releasing anything until its fully tested. In that lane, I intend to use a pin configuration which is already supported in the firmware so I can jump right in without having to modify custom firmware while also testing hardware.
BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?