For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By AlexE
Hello,

Im thinking of further development of my PnP boards all using Mega2560. I came across an idea that would be good to have data avaliable via ODB2 port.

Spent lots of time yesterday, found info about OBD2 support via CAN but cannot find any schematic or board avaliable to connect Mega2560 with OBD2 port. Maybe I missed something.

Any example of working "can coprocessor" for mega2560 mentioned on wiki?
By dazq
I believe ( but happy to stand corrected) the only coprocessor design published with obd2 support for mega2560 is my gpio std project. The firmware is open source and details of gpio can be found in the third party section of the wiki.
Basically it adds the same canbus based obd2 support that is available to teensy and stm32 (it is how I developed the code, first on gpio and then ported it to the speeduino firmware).
It has been some time since I posted any updates so any feedback on use is always appreciated.
By AlexE
I took a look at GitHub dxControl-GPIO, found some software but no schematic for mega. Do I understand things well:

your coprocessor consist of second mega2560 with mpc2515 board connected to mega via SPI? communication with Speeduino Mega is via serial3 - what protocol here?

configuration of coprocessor via TuneStudio?

seems to be pretty complicated and physically big, in case of using only for OBD2 functionality. Can any other smaller Arduino be used?

anyway interestig, have to buy mpc2515 board and start experimenting ;)
By dazq
AlexE wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:23 pm I took a look at GitHub dxControl-GPIO, found some software but no schematic for mega. Do I understand things well:

your coprocessor consist of second mega2560 with mpc2515 board connected to mega via SPI? communication with Speeduino Mega is via serial3 - what protocol here?

configuration of coprocessor via TuneStudio?

seems to be pretty complicated and physically big, in case of using only for OBD2 functionality. Can any other smaller Arduino be used?

anyway interestig, have to buy mpc2515 board and start experimenting ;)
There is no need for a schematic the serial and spi is pretty much self explanatory.
Size wise you have to consider that gpio was mainly designed as an Io expansion device at a time when speeduino had no programmable Io at all and only supported the mega MCU so no native can options with teensy etc.
I did begin adding support for teensy and stm32 MCU in the gpio firmware but mostly only added what I created to speedy firmware instead of putting it on gpio. When I have finished the pdu version of gpio I will publish the updated gpio code too . The new code all runs on teensy 4.x.

Yes gpio config is via the TS using the provided ini file.
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?