Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
Hello! Have someone else been battling with his kind of problem? I´ve been dabbling with these low budget- type engine managements for something like 15 years, but this problem got me here bothering your collective wisdom with my hat in my hands.. I´ve tried with 202305 and all versions with 202207. The map fixed/baro/off is not helping with the situation in the problem area on boost, just smoothing things in the vacuum area. The project is with similar parts that i have done couple other cars. wasted spark, 850cc injectors, 044 copy pump, small turbo and E85.. Have i messed something up with settings or does some more experienced individual have some ideas? I attached a short log and the recent tune, the fuel map is ugly as i have just tried all kinds of things with it, and the spark table will be made on the dyno. Oh, and the injectors are firing on batch, as the wiring harness was made like that before my involvement.
Attachments
(144.05 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Thanks David,
so the problem is indeed that the VE Table needs larger values, but they're already > 100 at 20kpa and > 255 at 250kpa.
The tunefile doesn't include the Required Fuel calculation values, it just shows a RF of 4.2 (I think it was).
When I calculate RF for 850cc injectors with an estimated 2500cc 4 cyl engine and the e85 stoichiometric ratio , I get an RF of 7.3.
So I'd suggest the initial problem is RF is just too small. I'd go with 8 or more for now.
Then I'd also wonder about the injection setup - you've got paired injector layout, with 1 squirt and simultaneous injector staging.
Can you clarify what is meant when you said the injectors were wired for batch? does it mean wired for paired as per speeduino wiki? so 2 injectors wired to each of 2 speeduino channels?
if so, I think 2 squirts alternating will work much better.
Hi, And thanks for the replies! The wiring is done with the original harness, so like many older efi systems, uses batch firing, so are essentially all in one wire at some point. I have got many old megasquirt and some speeduinos working well with batch injection too. I have always assumed the reg fuel is calculated with the engine constants and don't need any trickory. Will try to play with that next. Though with the map calculation settings the vacuum area does start with much smaller ve numbers, it still maxes the map at similar boost levels as with any other setting of the map calculation. Will cheat with the RF next. Easier than putting in an rising rate fpr 🙂 thanks again😊
As always, when you hear he solution, it's so obvious and makes one feel stupid 😅 actually never had to play with RF numbers like this, so wasn't my first go to 🤦 makes me wonder how i have done dozens of projects successfully, some even with some power too.. thanks again, i think i will manage from here 🙂
Hi guys, first time post here but I I just found this forum and I have been tuning my forged turbo miata recently with a man named adam peetz and we cannot seem to figure out this "popping" or misfire or cut that is occurring around 4400-5000rpms. It's really audible and like sputters and then keeps pulling through until I shift. it doesn't feel good and I have been facing issues with tuning on this ecu for the past 8 months. not once have I been able to do a fully wide open throttle pull and hit redline without hitting some sort of sputter mid-pull. the car is on Ethonal, idx1050s, aem 340lph pump with full -6an feed and return. I've added in a log from last night, i personally don't know what could be going on as I've been learning tuning but idk if its hitting boost cut and leaning out or what.

i appreciate any and all info!
Attachments
(3.4 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?