Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By chris900f
I must be missing something here
The board is set to NO2C and the fuel pump pin is set to default, but I'm not getting any voltage at the FP pin when powered up. The temperature sensors, MAP, TPS and injectors all work fine on the bench, I didn't think to test the fuel pump pin. The unit is installed and everything else including the relay test ok.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Any insights would be much appreciated thanks

Chris
By chris900f
LOL ok thanks man, I guess I misinterpreted the diagram because it's labeled as a low-current "output".
This is my second dumb question on this forum; but at least I'm pretty close to being able to push the start button. The only downside is adding yet more wiring to a small motorcycle that's already getting pretty crammed full--not a lot of spare real estate on a GS500. :)

Chris

By PSIG
Looks good! Yes, an "output" can be high (+), low (GND), or floating (not forced to either high or low). All outputs in Speeduino (and most other ECMs) are grounding outputs when active, except for driven items such as ignition signals and stepper IAC.
By njking25
PSIG wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:45 am Looks good! Yes, an "output" can be high (+), low (GND), or floating (not forced to either high or low). All outputs in Speeduino (and most other ECMs) are grounding outputs when active, except for driven items such as ignition signals and stepper IAC.
I'm in a similar situation, im also using a no2c board. If i understand it correctly i would wire the ground pin of my fuel pump relay(pin 85) to the speeduino fuel pump pin instead of pin 86? Where would i then wire pin 86 to?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-06-15 113948.png
Screenshot 2023-06-15 113948.png (130.95 KiB) Viewed 11962 times
By PSIG
njking25 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:42 pmI'm in a similar situation, im also using a no2c board. If i understand it correctly i would wire the ground pin of my fuel pump relay(pin 85) to the speeduino fuel pump pin instead of pin 86? Where would i then wire pin 86 to?
Correct. Most Speeduino outputs control grounding to complete the circuit. Like this:
Relay_redraw.jpg
Relay_redraw.jpg (46.6 KiB) Viewed 11895 times
You can optionally include the key switch (or other control) inline with 12V to kill the circuit entirely (even if inactive) when off.
Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I checked and my sensor is not loose. Trigger whee[…]

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?