Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By AL_AOA
PSIG wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:48 pm The 'scope trace looks good, but only first rev. We can't see the 2nd rev where the spikes occur, so please take a new shot with only the one output so results are clear. I'm not trying to make work for you, but your issue is "no RPM reading" and we are focusing on that.
  • Jumpers: JP1 = 5V; JP2 = VR/TSC; JP3 = VR/TSC; JP4 = OFF; JP5 = OFF
  • VR polarity checked, (+) wires to (+) inputs, (-) wires to (-) inputs
  • Falling edge for both sensors (DSC is non-inverting output).
  • Spark settings depend on coils and wiring. CoPs on 4 outputs + crank-only = Wasted CoP
  • Injector settings also depend on wiring
  • Test - New Ignition Mode = NO
  • Cranking RPM = 400
With that huge spike after the gap, the DSC is a good choice of conditioner, as the MAX conditioners would miss teeth. Verify all teeth are being seen on the output.
Verify there are no flashes on the cam signal LED output at any time. If there are, tie the VR2- input to any ground point with a 0 to 1k resistor, so it does not float and give false signals, losing sync.
The high cam VR signal voltage is OK for now, but may need a shunt resistor later when connected and tested at higher-rpm.
• We can't see the 2nd rev where the spikes occur, so please take a new shot with only the one output so results are clear.
of the VR conditioner output right? And can you elaborate on 2nd rev? The spikes in the green graph represents one rev each. I am not sure if that was right, but I will make sure the trigger point is set from far left

• Jumpers check!
• Test - New Ignition Mode = NO I am not sure what this point means, please help
• the cam LED doesn’t flash while cranking and nothing connected to it!

About the tunerstudio licenses, I did all the steps to add their email into my gmail addresses, still not able to receive the confirmation email, any advice?

Thank you all, will get back to the workshop on Wednesday! 🤞
By PSIG
AL_AOA wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:01 pm of the VR conditioner output right? And can you elaborate on 2nd rev?
Of the crank VR signal. The spikes occur on the 2nd crank rev and after. Try to get a screen grab of that for a full 60-2 revolution.

AL_AOA wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:01 pm • Test - New Ignition Mode = NO I am not sure what this point means, please help
In TS: Spark (tab) > Spark Settings > New Ignition Mode > Use New Ignition Mode > No
Test for changes. Use New Ignition Mode = Yes if it doesn't change anything.
By AL_AOA
PSIG wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:13 pm
AL_AOA wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:01 pm of the VR conditioner output right? And can you elaborate on 2nd rev?
Of the crank VR signal. The spikes occur on the 2nd crank rev and after. Try to get a screen grab of that for a full 60-2 revolution.

AL_AOA wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:01 pm • Test - New Ignition Mode = NO I am not sure what this point means, please help
In TS: Spark (tab) > Spark Settings > New Ignition Mode > Use New Ignition Mode > No
Test for changes. Use New Ignition Mode = Yes if it doesn't change anything.
this is frustrating,
I removed all spork plugs to keep cranking my engine for testing. I scoped the VR sensor direct and on PIN8, I followed all the instruction given. I was able to purchase the full software license, trying to post the log file it says it is too large!

Tooth logger sees all sensors except RPM!!
Only Crank sensor LED blinking on VR COND

still no (SYNC, NO SYNC, CRANKING) messages on dashboard

HELP PLEASE!
Attachments
crankSensVRpin8.PNG
crankSensVRpin8.PNG (143.17 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
crankSensDirect.PNG
crankSensDirect.PNG (43.81 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
(31.3 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
By JHolland
I don't think that you have said which VR conditioner you are using. the trace shows around 300ms between pulses, a MAX chip will time out with that interval so you will be at the minimum voltage threshold to re-arm, if that is an accurate trace then you will be getting a lot of false triggers from the noise on the signal. . You need to scope the signal from the VR conditioner to the Arduino to see what you are actually sending to the micro.
By AL_AOA
JHolland wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:20 am I don't think that you have said which VR conditioner you are using. the trace shows around 300ms between pulses, a MAX chip will time out with that interval so you will be at the minimum voltage threshold to re-arm, if that is an accurate trace then you will be getting a lot of false triggers from the noise on the signal. . You need to scope the signal from the VR conditioner to the Arduino to see what you are actually sending to the micro.
Hi,
I did in few posts back mention this:
https://wtmtronics.com/product/dsc-dual ... tioner-vr/

It is the DSC conditioner

The attached photo is the signal from Pin8 on the conditioner that is connected to pin19 on the arduino Mega

I have second DSC chip, I will try to install it and check again
Attachments
IMG_0636.png
IMG_0636.png (143.17 KiB) Viewed 2311 times
By PSIG
It's difficult to see each signal, but the trace is incomplete. The 'scope trace should show 58 clear pulses, and two missing. Find the combination of polarity and Trigger Edge that provides that result. The DSC should handle this fine.

Verify you see signal on the Mega pin, and that the signal is making it to the processor (bent pins, bad solder, etc). If so, it should be a settings or code issue. If necessary, do not hesitate to clear the Mega with the EEPROM_Clear.ino sketch, reload your firmware, start a new TS project, load your tune, and try again with a fresh setup.

I'm not fishing for answers or trying to make work for you, but I am not clear where the failure is yet, and why it is important to prove the processor is getting the signal, and if so, is processing it properly. 60-2 is well proven, and should be working with no issues - if everything else is good. ;)
By AL_AOA
PSIG wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:07 pm It's difficult to see each signal, but the trace is incomplete. The 'scope trace should show 58 clear pulses, and two missing. Find the combination of polarity and Trigger Edge that provides that result. The DSC should handle this fine.

Verify you see signal on the Mega pin, and that the signal is making it to the processor (bent pins, bad solder, etc). If so, it should be a settings or code issue. If necessary, do not hesitate to clear the Mega with the EEPROM_Clear.ino sketch, reload your firmware, start a new TS project, load your tune, and try again with a fresh setup.

I'm not fishing for answers or trying to make work for you, but I am not clear where the failure is yet, and why it is important to prove the processor is getting the signal, and if so, is processing it properly. 60-2 is well proven, and should be working with no issues - if everything else is good. ;)
I really appreciate you taking the time to work this issue with me. Now I am suspecting the crank sensor. While cranking and looking at the scope, it seems like every rev I see one spike. I will swap it with a new one just to narrow down the focus area.

Thank you one more time
By AL_AOA
PSIG wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:07 pm It's difficult to see each signal, but the trace is incomplete. The 'scope trace should show 58 clear pulses, and two missing. Find the combination of polarity and Trigger Edge that provides that result. The DSC should handle this fine.

Alright,
So I tried everything, I even installed a new crank sensor and DSC chip, unfortunately no cranking. So I decided to change the trigger settings, I set the trigger pattern to basic Distributor, and guess what!? I got full sync, cranking and RPM

Fuel and coils are still disconnected, waiting on further comments before proceeding

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?