Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
Hi There,

I am not the engine expert but I really need to have speeduino running on my Jeep 4.0 XJ 94, for starting point to learn the ECU . I finished built my board 0.4.3c and try to simulate with Arduisim before wiring to the engine. So far kind of put every pieces from many youtube pages and forum then decide to ask the stupid question for help from you and expert in this forum..

1. Setup engine Contant - 6 inj 6 cyn
2. set the trigger to " JEEP 2000"
cycle board power on
3. ArduiSim set wheel signal to Crank and Cam " 60-2 with CAM" <==someone told me to do that

it seems not working, did I miss some setting?

Thank you for helping ,

Pete
Are you using ardustim or arduisim? One simulates an engine, the other simulates an arduino.

I guess ardustim.
If I understand correctly, you've configured your speeduino with "Jeep 2000" trigger, and the ardustim with "missing tooth" trigger 60-2. Is that right?
That won't work. They have to match - the speeduino needs to detect a signal that matches the pattern it is configured with.
Why not try it on your engine, rather than the simulator?
First rule. Check things out yourself!

You've been given bad information.

The Jeep 2000 decoder isn't 60-2 missing tooth. It's got 12 teeth at set angles on the crank and a cam that is high for 360 degrees and then low for 360 degrees.

You want to select Jeep 2000 in ardustim. That should have the correct pattern. It's likely to be the very bottom of the ardustim list.
miker wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:13 pm First rule. Check things out yourself!

You've been given bad information.

The Jeep 2000 decoder isn't 60-2 missing tooth. It's got 12 teeth at set angles on the crank and a cam that is high for 360 degrees and then low for 360 degrees.

You want to select Jeep 2000 in ardustim. That should have the correct pattern. It's likely to be the very bottom of the ardustim list.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ REPLY ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yes, Thank you for give me good information, I was disappoint from the first person's comment and it was my first question to this forum since I did working on my Jeep. You gave me a good information to try .

So , I set
trigger setup - Tuner Studio "JEEP 2000"
Arduistim-Druid4Arduino for wheel option "12-1 crank with cam"

I understand that 6 Cylinders' on Speeduino only can go with 3 pair 153-624 . for now, I have to read more engine theory for much more understand on How to setup.

Thank you

Pete
i still think you have the wrong trigger pattern. I'm referring to this, https://github.com/speeduino/Ardu-Stim which you can build yourself OR you can download a version from here, https://github.com/speeduino/Ardu-Stim/releases

If the release version matches the code then the last entry is Jeep 2000 which is what i think you want.
miker wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:22 pm i still think you have the wrong trigger pattern. I'm referring to this, https://github.com/speeduino/Ardu-Stim which you can build yourself OR you can download a version from here, https://github.com/speeduino/Ardu-Stim/releases

If the release version matches the code then the last entry is Jeep 2000 which is what i think you want.
Hi Mike
Thank you for reply back to me ,,

yes, I try both version, the old one and New one, Still cannot find the pattern that match the Jeep 2000 that I found which is 4 pulse in each cylinder. But I might try to modify. to see how the match or I will connect to the real timing on cps sensor of the bell housing of Jeep engine.

Again, I am pretty sure that I am not the first person who asked this question or not the first one who are doing on JEEP 4.0 and I really love someone who already done that share me the experience

Thank you
Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Thank you all for your input. I have managed to g[…]

Working on adding some different wheel definitions[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?