Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Discovette
LPG2CV wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:12 pm Did you correct the Flex fuel temperature table?
Hey thank you so much for pointing that out. Yes that was the issue, I didn't see anything on that in the Speeduino Wiki, and you would think the default values would be close enough to work, but guess not. I just set the fuel temp correction at 100 across the board, not sure if that needs adjusting or not. One more headache fixed, thank you
By PSIG
Discovette wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:44 am … you would think the default values would be close enough to work, but guess not.
It is important to assume that the default values in Speeduino base tunes are not good for anything. They are simply placeholders filling empty values so the tune does not corrupt and features are functional (but not correct). TL;DR - None of the values in default are correct for anything. ;)
By Discovette
Good point PSIG, hey if it were easy everyone would be doing it, right lol! So I am somewhat knowledgeable about what engines need under different conditions, like temperature and elevation and AFR, but I haven't got a clue about the requirement changes due to the temperature of the fuel. Do you have a recommended table for the fuel temp table?
By PSIG
Fuel Temp table is variable for every project for obvious reasons, so tuning with data is required. I have not done many returnless systems, as they are not popular for performance-dedicated systems; but I have seen enrichment with temperature. Without testing, my assumption is greater vaporization. Lower air density should already have been addressed. Just guessing.

Tune with care. Assuming everything is stable and identical for conditions (other corrections must be spot-on), watch the EGO corrections with increasing temp. Adjust the table to re-zero corrections.

Use care I say, as it takes time for heat to accumulate, while other changes are also active (e.g., IAT heat soak, etc), and you want to isolate only the fuel temp impact. Forcing conditions can help, such as placing a sheet of paper on the radiator to reduce cooling capacity and limit under-hood circulation, but keep an eye on other temperatures, limits, and impacts on the EGO that may not be strictly fuel temperature. For example, IAT corrections already tuned may have been partly fuel temp, or today's tank of slightly different blend E-fuel. :roll:

If you have or find any better approach to tuning or segregating effects, post it up. 8-) I prefer to not deal with it in the first place, and a temporary restricted return line off the fuel rail end would be obvious proof of effects, but you likely don't have or want that option today.
By nwalk7800
LPG2CV wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:12 pm Did you correct the Flex fuel temperature table?
I thank you for that as well. I see it in TunerStudio as just "fuel temp correction" and I don't see any mention of it in the wiki.

My defaults were all zero, so as soon as I turned on flex fuel I got no fuel at all.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?