For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By dazq
SPEngineering wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:06 pm If there is anyone here knowledgeable about the speeduino secondary serial code here? I have some questions.

Does the code respond to in-flight requests before making a new one or will the conversation be interrupted?

i.e. I send the ECU a request for data and wait for the response.
The ECU responds to me before polling for new data from the CAN bus.
Yes you must wait for the reply to complete before making another request.
Overlapping will corrupt the message.
What's the issue you are having?
By SPEngineering
Right, so if you have external data on in tunerstudio the speeduino will poll with the "R" command all the time. If I send a 'n' command will it respond to the 'n' command before asking another "R" command?
By dazq
SPEngineering wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:22 pm Right, so if you have external data on in tunerstudio the speeduino will poll with the "R" command all the time. If I send a 'n' command will it respond to the 'n' command before asking another "R" command?
Not necessarily. This is why the packets have the addition of the command letter .
If speedy sent an R and got a n cmd in the serial buffer in reply it will just exit the command handling routine.
Equally if you have sent an n, you must listen to confirm the reply actually is for your n request and not speedy sending an R.
OK, so after a lot of work I have a pretty good functioning prototype :D . Features include:
  • FAT16/FAT32 card support.
  • Real-time clock for timekeeping
  • Button or switch triggered logging
  • CAN-BUS input requests while data logging!
  • File management (exploring, deleting, and downloading) of files without having to remove the SD card, reset the module, or even turn off the engine!
Extra features (if enough demand is there):
  • exFAT support
  • Analog and digital inputs forwarded to speeduino or included in log.
  • On-the-fly compression of data logs for better storage utilization.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?