For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By dazq
Work on my design continues and I would hope to see some releasable code being ready for GitHub later in the year :-)
Firmware wise continues to be unsettled with parts supply still being a great nuisance! I have changed MCU options (with teensy 3.2 and 3.5 now being not recommended for new designs) which involved some rewriting :-(
The configuration using TS but via the canbus (in the obd socket) rather than serial/usb is my current coding task.
By Cgrant
Here's a PDM that I've been working on for awhile:
https://github.com/corygrant/DingoPDM_HW

Firmware and software to control configuration are still in progress but getting pretty close to being usable.

I went through many hardware design iterations, I'm on V7 now!
With all of my recent changes and testing I feel confident in the performance of this one.
By dazq
Cgrant wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:51 am Here's a PDM that I've been working on for awhile:

Firmware and software to control configuration are still in progress but getting pretty close to being usable.

With all of my recent changes and testing I feel confident in the performance of this one.
This is great work! Have you any firmware available yet for it.
Thanks for sharing it is greatly appreciated ,so many don't.
By Cgrant
dazq wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:59 am
Cgrant wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:51 am Here's a PDM that I've been working on for awhile:

This is great work! Have you any firmware available yet for it.
Thanks for sharing it is greatly appreciated ,so many don't.
Yes I have firmware that I've been working on as I build new HW revisions.
I'm no embedded developer so it's not fantastic, but it has been working well during my testing.
Soon I hope to finish the core functionality and then I'll make it a public repo.

For testing, I have a test bench set up that has banks of power resistors, switches and a high current power supply.
I also have a few of my other designs connected to give me CAN data that I can use to trigger outputs.

My main focus with the firmware was making sure settings could be changed without requiring new firmware (If need be, the firmware can be updated using the USB port).
Settings can be sent to the device over CAN or USB to:
  • Change current limits, reset count limits, reset types
  • Change the digital input logic
  • Build custom output logic using boolean operators
  • Filter CAN messages and extract data for use in custom output logic
  • Set output flasher on/off and rate
  • Set outputs to turn off when starter is running
  • Setup wiper input/outputs to work with high/low speed and park input. Requires my WiperModule
These settings all get stored to the onboard FRAM so they can be loaded at the next power on.

Today all of that functionality is working, but I haven't finished the software to change the settings from a PC.
The PC software that I've made can currently display all of the data from the device but I haven't added sending settings.
For now I'm doing it manually using damogranlabs serial-tool
By dazq
Nice!
I am going a similar path but using tunerstudio to be the configuration tool. It is very versatile and saves having to write a whole another load of software!
By Cgrant
dazq wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:41 pm Nice!
I am going a similar path but using tunerstudio to be the configuration tool. It is very versatile and saves having to write a whole another load of software!
I didn't realize something like that was possible with TS.
I've used TS quite a bit, but just as a user.
How do you extend the functionality?
By dazq
Cgrant wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:29 pm
Normally I would suggest looking at my gpio firmware to see how to integrate but someone has just modified it to create a Comms starter set of code.
This will get you connected but there is so much more it can do .
Be aware you need to have a device name beginning with speeduino to release all the functionality.
By Cgrant
dazq wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:04 pm
Cgrant wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:29 pm
Normally I would suggest looking at my gpio firmware to see how to integrate but someone has just modified it to create a Comms starter set of code.
This will get you connected but there is so much more it can do .
Be aware you need to have a device name beginning with speeduino to release all the functionality.
I would love to check it out, is it on Github?

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?