For any discussion not specifically related to your project
Hi all. I'm just getting started and have been looking around the forum and speeduino manual, but I can't find any info on the best way to connect an stm32F407-black or teensy4.1 board to the speeduino base board. I'm looking to experiment with 8x8 injection/ignition and prefer to use one of the aforementioned processor boards. Is there an interface board? Using a rat's nest of wires doesn't seem practical... ;)

Thanks.
No there are no "official " interface boards for either of those MCU boards to the v4x series speeduino boards.
There are 8x8 boards out there that support one or other type .
LPG2CV wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:04 pm Try a look here.

not sure how much it's tested, as developed for bmw's

https://github.com/pazi88/STM32_mega

:)
That's not an adaptor board but a complete stm32 replacement for a mega MCU board.
By all accounts it's working very well though.
@dazq Yes, just re read the OP post and only picked up on the first half. :) The second half contradicts the first half a little. :)

@porschenstein

Pazzi's board is a 407 replacement for the mega. It has the same connector and plugs into the Speedy shield.
However the orginal Speedy only has 4+4 channels. These can be paired for 8 cylinders though.

For 8 +8 channels you need drop bear (teensy 3.5), or a 3rd party board. @Tjeed has developed a 407 based board for 8 channels called the Spectre.
Thanks for all your replies. I looked at Dropbear, but they appear to still be recovering from the supply-chain disaster. Also note that the Teensy 3.5 has been discontinued - I ordered a 4.1 version to play with. My preference is for the STM32 - they're hard to beat in the cost/performance dept. The Teensy @ 600Mhz seems way beyond overkill...

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. I'll take a look @ the BMW board. Did Tjeed make his design public?
porschenstein wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:19 pm Thanks for all your replies. I looked at Dropbear, but they appear to still be recovering from the supply-chain disaster. Also note that the Teensy 3.5 has been discontinued - I ordered a 4.1 version to play with. My preference is for the STM32 - they're hard to beat in the cost/performance dept. The Teensy @ 600Mhz seems way beyond overkill...

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. I'll take a look @ the BMW board. Did Tjeed make his design public?
Josh was working on a t4.1 replacement for the dropbear which also replaced other devices it used that have also become unavailable.
A few have t4.1 versions running, there are a few designs on easyeda from members on here.
I think I may have ordered the "wrong" black STM32F407 board (prior to seeing your responses). I ordered the smaller one, without the coin-cell battery - but it hasn't arrived yet. I can easily resolve differences in the HW pinouts. But what about the firmware? I only see one "black_F407VE" option in PlatformIO.

Will that build work for both boards?

Do I need to change any configuration in the code to use the "small" board?

When I look through the code, I see support for 8 channels - is that simply enabled by the Tuner Studio setup, or do I need to make firmware config changes?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm hoping to jumpstart the development process. 8-)

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?