For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By Reza v
New arduino just dropped

The specs are promising. More info at the arduino website. Just look it up. It's priced at about 73US$
Will this board be a direct replacement? Would it possibly be faster? CANBUS integration? It apparently has wifi, a 32 bit dual core ARM microcontroller (this sounds promising if we could finally integrate CANBUS), wifi or bluetooth, a USB port (possibly data logging?)

I'm not sure about the rules of this forum so i'm sorry if i'm violating any but here's some photos

Image Image

Arduinos have become quite sophisticated

Thoughts?
By dazq
Very nice board!

Code wise there was someone working on using an stm32 7 series MCU a while back, we do already have good stm32 4xx series support running well.

Also with a stm32 or teensy based speedy we do have canbus support , both broadcast and a OBD2 type port for realtime data.
By pazi88
Even though that physically can replace Arduino Mega, that isn't electrically compatible. Main difference is that Arduino Mega is 5v and that is 3.3v. So you need level shifters for digital and analog signals. Which ones that doesn't have.

I have designed direct replacement STM32 board that you can just plug into many existing speeduino Boards. It has CAN bus, RTC battery, SD-Card slot etc. All working with current speeduino master. https://github.com/pazi88/STM32_mega
By Reza v
pazi88 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:02 am Even though that physically can replace Arduino Mega, that isn't electrically compatible. Main difference is that Arduino Mega is 5v and that is 3.3v. So you need level shifters for digital and analog signals. Which ones that doesn't have.

I have designed direct replacement STM32 board that you can just plug into many existing speeduino Boards. It has CAN bus, RTC battery, SD-Card slot etc. All working with current speeduino master. https://github.com/pazi88/STM32_mega
Hi pazzi! I am well familiar with your contributions and praise you! In fact, i'm running a modified version of your m52 pnp board (it's not for a bmw haha) just because it's a ton tidier with more integrated features over the official boards.
I was actually considering your STM32 mega board but the problem is where i live this arduino would be a lot more available and cheaper than an stm32, i know that doesn't make any sense but i should pay the equivalent of about 600US$ FOR A TEENSY 3.5 which is unbelievable. Another problem is that i don't really have enough confidence in my soldering skills so i'll have to ask someone to populate that board for me which i hate the idea of :lol:
As you said the 3.3v operating voltage is a deal breaker. It unnecessarily makes things more complex.
I'm running the speeduino as a piggyback because i need the ECU for sending CANBUS data to the dash and other computers in the car. is there absolutely any way to add CANBUS to a mega 2560 setup? With a module or anything?
By pazi88
Reza v wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:42 am Hi pazzi! I am well familiar with your contributions and praise you! In fact, i'm running a modified version of your m52 pnp board (it's not for a bmw haha) just because it's a ton tidier with more integrated features over the official boards.
I was actually considering your STM32 mega board but the problem is where i live this arduino would be a lot more available and cheaper than an stm32, i know that doesn't make any sense but i should pay the equivalent of about 600US$ FOR A TEENSY 3.5 which is unbelievable. Another problem is that i don't really have enough confidence in my soldering skills so i'll have to ask someone to populate that board for me which i hate the idea of :lol:
As you said the 3.3v operating voltage is a deal breaker. It unnecessarily makes things more complex.
I'm running the speeduino as a piggyback because i need the ECU for sending CANBUS data to the dash and other computers in the car. is there absolutely any way to add CANBUS to a mega 2560 setup? With a module or anything?
That board is quite well JLC-PCB optimized that with some knowledge, you can order those SMT assembled from there.

And there is no way of using CAN bus directly on Arduino Mega. But I for example have this board that used STM32F103 bluepill as CAN interface with arduino Mega via secondary serial. DIY-Efi is coming up with product based on that later that adds CAN bus to basically any speeduino with arduino Mega: https://diy-efi.co.uk/

In my opinion the easiest way is to just leave out[…]

Cant seem to get it working. Uploded my 202402 ini[…]

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?