For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board

About to put this board into production, have a few questions before I move forward.

Speeduino is under GPL, my understanding is I'm free to use however I wish, though I wonder if there's any requirements to make sure I do this the right way. I'm proud this unit runs off speeduino and would love to keep the branding or possibly logo on it. Once/if I hit an ROI I'd also love to make a financial contribution towards the project, I'm assuming the best route is via github sponsors?

I need a way to load the bootloader onto the CPU, I do not wish to solder it onto a jig, load it, remove it, and resolder it to to the final board. Right now i have provisions on the board (as pictured above) for SCK, MOSI and MISO. I will just connect a set of jumper wires to header pins mounted there for flashing, and can desolder the header pins. Is there a better way to do this? Not concerned about it time wise but if there's a more efficient or safer way to do it I'd be happy to change over.

Any steps suggested to future proof this project?
I'd rather leave components unfilled and populated them later if a possible software update were to come out and use it.

I'd like it to have PNP support for ford 5.0, I'm coming from the 2.3t world and am rather unfamiliar with the limitations with a v8
Signature TFI isn't supported yet, I know I can bank 4 injectors per channel and only use two channels, but this leaves two channels unused. What's the best way to wire these up without requiring end users to molest their wiring harness?

Thanks in advance!
+1, IMO the intent by whatever you print on your board, is to clearly indicate the board is NOT an official Speeduino product, and that it DOES use Speeduino firmware for function. Credit where credit is due, you for the hardware, and Speeduino for the operating firmware, and whatever else is involved. For example, a modified Speeduino design is no longer Speeduino, but is "based on Speeduino v0.4", for example. The forum volunteers are not your support system. I suggest to make that clear, and print your support contact info on your board.

Most designers here use OSHW and must use specified OSS terms for Speeduino, as we share to improve the community. Do some research to find how open-source designs have more profit potential than closed-source, customer support systems are far reduced, and more popular with users as diagnostics, troubleshooting, repairs and mods are potentially self-supported. ;)
Open source software and hardware
Open source software and hardware
OSS + OSHW LOGO.jpg (2.84 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
There are many ways to load firmware, and communicate during regular operation. MISO, MOSI, SCK and RESET are one for FW, either hard-wire or wireless, temporary or permanent connector for access. Permanent connectors allow user upgrades, and avoids upset users that want a new feature, but you didn't provide for that option. ;) Consider how the user is going to interface with the µC for all other operations. If a USB or Bluetooth, then an on-board or inline UART is typical (e.g., CH340, CP210x, etc), which can also be used to upload firmware. Lots of options to consider. 8-)
I wasn't aware you could load bootloader via serial. I'll double check that. iirc you can only load bootloader via spi. Firmware is less of a concern, have provisions for both USB via ch340 and Bluetooth via hc-05. The atmels I'll be receiving likely will not have Arduino bootloader.

I'll edit my logos and text to properly reflect the limitations. I'm glad I asked. I looked for HW licensing restrictions but did not look for logo and name usage.
I used the nick gammon ISP and bootloader on my megas soldered directly onboard

https://github.com/nickgammon/arduino_sketches

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?