For discussion of anything related to the Speeduino documentation wiki
By nwalk7800
Indeed, PSIG points out the same thing I eventually discovered. Which is that the pins seem to be labeled incorrectly in the documentation.

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like the documentation on the wiki is incorrect.
By dazq
Nwalk7800 you should submit a report to GitHub with the issue to raise/log an error
By PSIG
The new Wiki is missing the Idle valve section, and needs to be populated as it helps to make more sense of it, along with that other post. It is still in the OLD Wiki for reference. We will be in big trouble if the old Wiki disappears :o, as it has a lot of reference material used and linked throughout the forums for many years, and it is still my go-to when I need to check or refer to basic info that isn't (or different reference) in the new Wiki.

BTW - I used the DRV8825 pinout labeling, as that is consistent. A board may have any labeling, but the DRV modules (original and clones) have reliable labeling, so no matter which board you use it can be traced back to the DRV to confirm correct connection. AFAIK the Wiki is "correct" from that perspective, but keep in-mind that with the poor industry labeling, there really is no "correct", and I just chose one method to keep it consistent. I hope that helps!
By punisher454
I have done so many GM ecu conversions and swaps in the past (and currently sometimes too) that one of the first things i check when i get an engine running is if the IAC pins are reversed. Seems to be almost a 50/50 chance they'll be wrong. A lot of times it is the IAC itself. It seems that there are MANY identical looking IAC's that happen to have the coils wired different its just something ive come to expect to correct.
Kinda like wiring a brushless motor or even a three phase AC motor, if it runs the opposite way you want just switch two wires and itll be right.
By dazq
PSIG wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:55 pm The new Wiki is missing the Idle valve section, and needs to be populated as it helps to make more sense of it, along with that other post. It is still in the OLD Wiki for reference. We will be in big trouble if the old Wiki disappears :o, as it has a lot of reference material used and linked throughout the forums for many years, and it is still my go-to when I need to check or refer to basic info that isn't (or different reference) in the new Wiki.

BTW - I used the DRV8825 pinout labeling, as that is consistent. A board may have any labeling, but the DRV modules (original and clones) have reliable labeling, so no matter which board you use it can be traced back to the DRV to confirm correct connection. AFAIK the Wiki is "correct" from that perspective, but keep in-mind that with the poor industry labeling, there really is no "correct", and I just chose one method to keep it consistent. I hope that helps!
The idle section is in the new wiki , if any info is missing from it please let us know so it can be added
https://wiki.speeduino.com/en/configuration/Idle
By PSIG
PSIG wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:55 pm… We will be in big trouble if the old Wiki disappears :o, as it has a lot of reference material used and linked throughout the forums for many years, …
dazq wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:07 amThe idle section is in the new wiki , if any info is missing from it please let us know so it can be added
https://wiki.speeduino.com/en/configuration/Idle
The bigger issue is the hundreds (probably thousands) of links in the forums and many off-site that link to the old Wiki for reference. Is there a system to connect those links so they are not broken, rendering most of them trash?

Thanks for the heads-up @dazq :), but anyone can check for missing pieces or if all of one is in the other. I'm helping the community as much as I can here in the Forums, and if I can help with the work I did in the Wiki, I need access. I wouldn't mind updating some of the old info, and could consider adding some of the section-finishing and articles I wrote specifically for the Wiki back-when, but AFAIK my Wiki editing rights have not been restored from the 'big move'. Have fun! 8-)

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?