For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By jonbill
diablospeed wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:12 pm
share your tune and a log of it running and we'll see if we can spot any problems
https://github.com/diablospeed36/Speeduino-M52
I can see a few interesting things:
1) the Pasi 'base tune' has 'poll level' for the secondary trigger, whereas you have single tooth cam. Is this correct?
2) you've got the 'hard limiter' rev limit set to 0 rpm, and the log shows a limiter on. I don't know i this will cause a problem. You've also got 'engine protection RPM min' set to 6500, which means all protections are off below 6500 - which is probably not what you want.
3) you've switched from SD (MAP) to Alpha-N (TPS) but the VE / Spark tables aren't re-tuned - I don't think this can work well. You've got the same VE values from 0% TPS to 15% TPS copied from MAP 26 to 50, but I don't think they're equivalent. I think this may be part of the poor running.
4) you don't have a wideband. You really need one to be able to tune it.

any help?
By diablospeed
I can see a few interesting things:
1) the Pasi 'base tune' has 'poll level' for the secondary trigger, whereas you have single tooth cam. Is this correct?
2) you've got the 'hard limiter' rev limit set to 0 rpm, and the log shows a limiter on. I don't know i this will cause a problem. You've also got 'engine protection RPM min' set to 6500, which means all protections are off below 6500 - which is probably not what you want.
3) you've switched from SD (MAP) to Alpha-N (TPS) but the VE / Spark tables aren't re-tuned - I don't think this can work well. You've got the same VE values from 0% TPS to 15% TPS copied from MAP 26 to 50, but I don't think they're equivalent. I think this may be part of the poor running.
4) you don't have a wideband. You really need one to be able to tune it.
Jonbill Thanks for your help.

1) Poil level tested even if Pazi tells us that it does not change anything : No result
2)Hard limiter off and protection at 1500rpm: No result
3 & 4) I have a Innovate wideband system, not connected on Speeduino. When the engine running AFR is very rich (10/1), if i remove fuel, the engine accelerated and ended up stopping and after it's hard to start.

I don't now if it can help, but sometimes during cranking there are explosions in the intake or in the exhaust.

I put a new log and my new config on Ghitub. At the end recording you can see when i remove fuel, operation becomes very unstable.

https://github.com/diablospeed36/Speeduino-M52
By jonbill
I definitely would expect the engine to accelerate when you reduce fuel from 10:1. If that's at idle, the next job is to reduce the air going in.
I think the pops and bangs could be from all the excess fuel.
Out of interest, why did you switch to TPS load index? it might be better to invest the time in connecting the MAP sensor and switching load index back to it. at least while you're learning the system.
By diablospeed
I switch in TPS mode in first, but after i will use MAP sensor. When i assembled a 2nd PCB, i welded the mini of components to limit the sources of the problem.
In the past, i have already had an untuned engine with bigs injectors with AFR very rich, yet the operation was very regular .(With OEM ECU).
The pops and bang in exhaust : excess fuel, why not but in intake I'm skeptical. Pop in intake, Ignition not at the right time ?

My main problème, is really the irregular operation in stabilized mode.
By Zsoltee
Hey guys

I made a log and uploaded the tune from my friends racecar. I know that the Ignition table is a mess at the moment and the fuel is also not great, but the main problem is the AFR and Wideband sensor not working issue.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... VC6Kr5B-YB

Can you guys take a look on the settings first, what is wrong. If there is none, then i have to measure the tinywb like @PSIG has mentioned it above.

Thanks in advance.
By diablospeed
jonbill wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:38 pm @diablospeed, have you checked the timing with locked advance in speeduino and a timing light?
I did not do it, but in the same idea, i think bought an oscilloscope to control, ignition, injection & PMH/CAM sensor, signals.
By Zsoltee
Regarding my AFR problem...

I have discovered that the TinyWB is communicating with the Arduino via a serial protocol, so that i cannot measure, but if im not wrong, the TinyWB has an analog output also, that can be measured on the back side of the ECU inside the 16PIN connector. If i hook up a multimeter to that analog signal port, can i measure the output voltage and see if the TinyWB is working or i have to use an oscilloscope for this job?
By Zsoltee
I have uploaded 3 videos here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... VC6Kr5B-YB

It shows that on the O2 analog side there is a stable 3.00V at idle and the TinyWB LED's are lighting up, so it should work.

Do i need to measure something else? I am able to use an oscilloscope at the weekend to make a graph about the O2 analog output along with a log from the ECU if that helps.
MAP LOOKUP & TS DEFINITIONS

See how the write commands use the identifiers to […]

Ok, I feel so stupid. I was running the Uno output[…]

Let's all have a laugh for second. There's trash[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there was […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?