For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By pazi88
Kalns wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:59 pm I can upload a logfile if that helps some one or do some more mods to the speeduino.
Show how the tooth logs look in TS. Regular logs usually don't help at all when checking trigger issues.
PSIG wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:07 pm Unfortunately, no one signal conditioner works for everything, and we don't have enough info to know why it will or won't, so we can't tweak it to work well. If you have tested to determine that's the issue, then certainly change it, as the (hopefully) easier solution.
Yeah I have been meaning to check what is the deal with the DSC that it doesn't work well with these boards but I never had had enough free time to check that. Always more important things to do...
By Kalns
pazi88 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:02 am
Kalns wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:59 pm I can upload a logfile if that helps some one or do some more mods to the speeduino.
Show how the tooth logs look in TS. Regular logs usually don't help at all when checking trigger issues.
PSIG wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:07 pm Unfortunately, no one signal conditioner works for everything, and we don't have enough info to know why it will or won't, so we can't tweak it to work well. If you have tested to determine that's the issue, then certainly change it, as the (hopefully) easier solution.
Yeah I have been meaning to check what is the deal with the DSC that it doesn't work well with these boards but I never had had enough free time to check that. Always more important things to do...
How to get tooth log ? I have free version of tuner studio.
If I have to buy which version ? and thesame for megalog viewer ?

EDIT

Update. with my experiments.
Today I installed GM 90451441 vr sensor, in black plastic casing. Results are thesame as before, cold / warm engine runs fine, when engine temps get round 90-100 all goes to sh**
I noticed that even boost control some what works and it regulates to 165kpa more or less.

Also today i logged one run, where engine wont produce more than 130kpa boost, and then all the sudden @ 6000 rpm, it started to climb up VE table and hit 217kpa at 6500rpm and then rubber hose at throttlebody blow up :D

PS some additional info on boostcontrol would be great, yes I have read wiki, and I still cannot figure out how to control it, maybe its because of rpm signal issues ?
By NickZ
Just get your self a MAX9926 VR conditioner and your problem will be fixed.
Maybe post a image of you boost control Duty cycle map and settings and we can see whats going on with that.
By Kalns
Here is the Tune from few days ago with all its bugs in it. And MLG log file also.

I have ordered MAX9926 bare board and waiting for BOM file so I can order all other spare parts for this board, still I`d like to help troubleshoot thiss issue as some one else might come accross thesame thing on diffrent engine..
Attachments
(470.54 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
(87.2 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
By pazi88
Kalns wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:02 pm Show how the tooth logs look in TS. Regular logs usually don't help at all when checking trigger issues.
It's only in paid versions.
Kalns wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:38 am still I`d like to help troubleshoot thiss issue as some one else might come accross thesame thing on diffrent engine..
Well you really need proper scope to see how the signals look like and probe where to problem is.
By Kalns
I`ll ask my coleague, maybe I can get hands on osciloscope.
Do you have any suggestions what should I messure ? I presume vr +/- pins on both cam and crank sensors, anything more I could check at thesame time ?
By PSIG
To get all reasonable data, probe:
  • ± pins at each sensor, disconnected
  • ± pins at each sensor, connected
  • ± pins at ECM (both)
  • ± points on conditioner PCB (both)
  • Signal and GND at conditioner output, for each channel
  • Signal and GND at µC pin, for each channel
  • Log of the test session and screen shots of each test.
That's a lot, but get all of them if you can. Each one is valuable, showing the transition through each section.
By Kalns
Okay, should these messurements be taken when car is running or just cranking ?
Obviously, when sensors are disconnected it will be cranking, but all other messurements ?
By pazi88
Kalns wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:47 am Okay, should these messurements be taken when car is running or just cranking ?
Obviously, when sensors are disconnected it will be cranking, but all other messurements ?
Running and optimally at the point you are having problems. I personally have the crank trigger setup (used in bmw m5x amd other engines) on a electric motor so I can bench test these problems. But as I said earlier, I haven't had time to diagnose the DSC in that.
By Kalns
Sadly I cannot acquaire good digital scope, but I did get my hands on Velleman hps10 and filmed what I saw on screen..

Spoke with a guy who repairs industrial electronics, showed him videos, and first thing that he told me is that most likely the distance from sensor to crank trigger wheel is too big, and the other thing is that the trigger wheel itself is out of round and oval most likely.
What I saw was sinus that was oscilating up and down, if some one realy wants to see them I can upload to google and share them. Camshaft did not had this issue.
Messurements were taken when car was idling and on DSC pins directly.
I am waiting for my max9926 order to come so I can swap the board ...

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?