Anything not specifically related to the Speeduino hardware. Eg sensors, bluetooth, displays etc
By HunterS628
PSIG wrote:Awesome on the GMR micro-option! Nothing like excess capability, and a day at the beach for that sensor it seems. 8-) However, I would not give-up on more common solutions. I know they are out there, I just don't have examples at my fingertips.

Your project using GMR can also prove-out both smaller profiles and precision capability, while establishing GMR sensor integration as another strong option to older tech that has been waiting for us to catch-up. Do your thing!
The data sheet shows a circuit to convert the signal to a traditional 5v square wave. My plan is to design a PCB to integrate the sensor, magnet, and the rest of the circuit to make one nice small package. I’ll probably make an initial batch of 5 boards so if you would like one to try out I’d be happy to share. I’ll get on a board design tonight and see about getting a few made up! I will report back!
By HunterS628
Okay I have some progress that I would like to run by you guys. I am using CircuitMaker to design the PCB. I want to make sure my interpretation of the schematic provided in the datasheet is correct. I have attached a picture of what I have now and a picture of what the datasheet shows. As long as I have it correct I can move on to PCB layout. I will also attach the link for the datasheet so you can look at anything else you may need! Let me know how I am doing!
https://www.nve.com/Downloads/gtsensor_catalog.pdf
Datasheet Schematic.png
Datasheet Schematic.png (81.67 KiB) Viewed 5548 times
PCB Schematic.png
PCB Schematic.png (93.46 KiB) Viewed 5548 times
By LAV1000
Are you sure about the ABL sensor ?
If I check the AKL sensor it seems more robust and already a digital ouput.
See also application notes on the AKL, to get a nice 5Vdc output.
Electrical automotive systems are harsh on electronics....

Speeduino has the option to use a VR semsor (sinus type signal).
For this type sensor there is a "VR conditioner".
You might look in to that before making your own circuit.
By HunterS628
LAV1000 wrote:Are you sure about the ABL sensor ?
If I check the AKL sensor it seems more robust and already a digital ouput.
See also application notes on the AKL, to get a nice 5Vdc output.
Electrical automotive systems are harsh on electronics....

Speeduino has the option to use a VR semsor (sinus type signal).
For this type sensor there is a "VR conditioner".
You might look in to that before making your own circuit.
I shot an email off to the sensor applications department at NVE and explained my application and provided pictures and they recommended the ABL with the conditioner circuit. They made that recommendation based on how small the teeth are in my setup since the ABL is much higher resolution. The ABL sensor is designed for automotive applications according to NVE so I would assume is should survive. I have used the VR conditioner before I just wasn’t sure if it would still be the same wiring since this sensor has a positive and negative output. I would still like to try and make my own board for the heck of it but if it doesn’t work out I’ll look into other options.
Thanks!
Hunter
By PSIG
If you can include a second set of connections, jumpers, or bypass points on your board for direct sensor signal output, in order to test existing common VR conditioner modules (for comparison to your build) would be great for other sensor options in other applications.

I'll trade you some 3x1mm N50 rare-earth bias magnets that work on other Hall type sensors, and a VR conditioner, for one of your proto GMR boards. ;) I think I still have your address around here somewhere, if you're still there - or PM me.
By HunterS628
PSIG wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:19 pm If you can include a second set of connections, jumpers, or bypass points on your board for direct sensor signal output, in order to test existing common VR conditioner modules (for comparison to your build) would be great for other sensor options in other applications.

I'll trade you some 3x1mm N50 rare-earth bias magnets that work on other Hall type sensors, and a VR conditioner, for one of your proto GMR boards. ;) I think I still have your address around here somewhere, if you're still there - or PM me.
I like that idea for development sake! I’ll see about either adding jumpers, or just a separate pin header with direct output so you can choose either side of the circuit. When I rework the schematic tomorrow night I’ll post it here and see what you guys think!
Thanks
Hunter
By HunterS628
Okay I got PCBs ordered. Should see them next week. I ended up adding a test port in line with each sensor output leg. I marked on the back the location for the bias magnet and pinouts. I think it turned out alright. I ordered 10 boards so if anyone would like to try one let me know. I am going to get components ordered here soon sop hopefully we can get some testing under way and possibly a V2 in the works.
Sensor board1.png
Sensor board1.png (158.42 KiB) Viewed 5336 times
Sensor board 2.png
Sensor board 2.png (85.04 KiB) Viewed 5336 times
By HunterS628
Alright guys boards are in!! I am quite happy how they turned out. They are pretty small so hopefully they will work well in many applications. They measure at just under 1/2 inch wide and just under 3/4 inch long. I guess I failed to realize how small the package for the sensor is and I’ve never soldered anything that small so we’ll see how it goes. I’ll get components ordered end of this week. So if anyone would like one please let me know so I know how much to order. Here are some pictures next to a stepper module for size comparison.
Thanks
Hunter
Attachments
7369BFFE-8ACE-4E8D-8539-B08FE981F25C.jpeg
7369BFFE-8ACE-4E8D-8539-B08FE981F25C.jpeg (2.66 MiB) Viewed 5048 times
0D534E7A-B5C2-469C-B608-BC85FA71796B.jpeg
0D534E7A-B5C2-469C-B608-BC85FA71796B.jpeg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 5048 times
95CF7D14-950C-42F5-8321-1BB2F1505348.jpeg
95CF7D14-950C-42F5-8321-1BB2F1505348.jpeg (2.74 MiB) Viewed 5048 times

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?