For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By Adam_86
HI, I have started my first PCB today to make a BOB from a speeduino V0.4 to a 97 miata stock ecu harness. I no experience with speeduino or other ECU. I have a basic knowledge of electronics and programming. Here's my electronic schematic for the connectors. the 4 pins one is for the wideband.

My questions.
Is it a good idea to use an existent plug and wire to do boost control (ex: use EGR plug to connect boost solenoid)?
Do the chassis ground and sensors ground go to the ground plane on the PCB?
On what pin do a put the VSS?
Do the Water Meth Injection take the VVT output?
Is it ok to take the 12v for the wideband there or it is best to take another source?

1997 miata connector for reference
Last edited by Adam_86 on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Adam_86
jonbill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:25 pm You haven't shared your images in google photos, so only you can see them!
Oups, thx fixed now?

and what input for the oil pressure if I install a sensor?
By theonewithin
Adam_86 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:58 pm
jonbill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:25 pm You haven't shared your images in google photos, so only you can see them!
Oups, thx fixed now?

and what input for the oil pressure if I install a sensor?
Any free Analog input.

Copy existing input as per the schematic is recommended.
By theonewithin
Adam_86 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:51 pm
My questions.
Is it a good idea to use an existent plug and wire to do boost control (ex: use EGR plug to connect boost solenoid)?
That's up to you.
Adam_86 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:51 pm Do the chassis ground and sensors ground go to the ground plane on the PCB?
Yes. There is only 1 ground.
Adam_86 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:51 pm On what pin do a put the VSS?
Any spare interrupt capable input. Make sure provision for VR conditioner is added if required.|
Adam_86 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:51 pm Do the Water Meth Injection take the VVT output?
I don't understand this? Could you repeat question?
Adam_86 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:51 pm Is it ok to take the 12v for the wideband there or it is best to take another source?
Depends....

Is there enough 12V power being supplied. If not you will need to find another way to supply it to ensure fuse's don't blow/wiring doesn't catch on fire.
By Adam_86
Thx for the answers theonewithin.

So I can use the default ethanol sensor pin for VSS and set it in Tuner studio? Pin 2 on the mega

I did some more research so the VVT table is shared with the WMI so only one can be used at a time.
I will use the VVT pin for the PWM of the WMI for simplicity.

So if a need an analog input I just solder a wire to an empty analog pin of the arduino to the proto area and feed the sensor signal and set it in Tuner Studio right?

If I copy the RC filter used in the board design I presume Its ok? I will add this to my board with the SP721 for overvoltage protection. I want to add fuel pressure and oil pressure.

And for Digital I/O is the same I presume, with a pull up or down resistor.

And found the default pins for the v0.4
By Adam_86
tgrossb wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:58 am I'm also working on installing my 0.4 into my 97 miata with the stock ecu harness. How's this project going?
sorry for the late reply.
I bought a UA4C instead of the v0.4. I just ordered my pcbs and connectors today. I will design a case and print it in the next few weeks.

By Adam_86
sorry for the late reply I am not here often. Yes I installed it in the car and it went great.

And I made a display for the speeduino data, it communicate via serial and has an SD card for data logging.

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?