For anything not related to Speeduino, but still about car/bike/boat/engines etc
Random question but I think there are a few bike fans here!
I'm looking at some Suzuki GSXR1000 K3 ITBs to put on my mx5, and wondering how the idle control works on them.

On some bike setups they have a setup similar to a car, a valve that meters filtered air from the airbox plumbed into each of the 4 throttles. On this bike the ISCV doesn't seem to be linked to a separate airflow into each throttle, does it just advance the idle pushing all 4 butterflys to increase the idle speed? It looks like a small stepper motor which could be mounted somewhere near the TPS?
Attachments
iscv2.PNG
iscv2.PNG (2.02 MiB) Viewed 9094 times
iscv.PNG
iscv.PNG (407.76 KiB) Viewed 9097 times
If you haven't already bought the TBs yet, you could check the set fitted to late 90's GSXR750. They use 4 x ITBs, 40mm diameter., bolted together (a long screw plus the fuel rail). Fuel intake incorporates a pressure regulator. The idle control on these has a little cam on the throttle cable bellcrank. I am in the throes of putting these onto a GS1100G, check post https://www.speeduino.com/forum/viewtop ... =18&t=4787 for a pic -
I've not inspected that one specifically, but most of that type are not a stepper but a direct-drive motor, similar to many PWM IAC valves on cars and trucks. Take a peek at it when you get it, and if it has 2 wires, then it can be controlled either by standard IAC PWM, or as a servo with TPS position feedback. An alternative (or addition) is to use Idle Timing Control instead. Each scheme has its own approach to control and tuning, but you have several options to keep you busy.
Yes haven't fully tracked down the wiring diagrams for this model/year yet, but I know the later ones are 4 wire, think this is just 2 so should be easy, I don't have a stepper driver in my 0.4.3 so be good to do without :lol:

I've seen the earlier GSXR 750 ones are separate and maybe easier to work with, but beggars can't be choosers and not many to pick from here, think I can get away with splitting a pair.
Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Honda J30 running

Okay, we now need to talk about violence and backg[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?