For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
Hi,

I did a project lately using Diesel high voltage injector driver to drive dumb coils which makes something like MSD, the driver consist 4 channels so it will run 4 individual coil nicely. I believe the injector driver is capable of giving precise spark because it can drive diesel injector and provide high current as well.

I had tested on bench and on the car so far so good, now i had another unit which i had increased to 580v output for the coils. It seems good for boosting above 2 bar setups.

whats do you think guys?

i dont know how to attach video here...
Your path is the direction ignition is going, using the best attributes of CDI and IDI ignitions. CDI's HV spark to drive spark through high-pressure and dirty mixtures, and IDI's high-current power and spark duration to light it off better. I'll be following your experiments in using available hardware towards that goal with interest. 8-)
I'm curious for the spec's here as well. Diesel injectors generally run 50 to 100V. This would push an IDI coil well past CDI voltage, and flyback would be >1000V. My first concern is internal coil arcing even at lower voltages. @JHolland - what do you think about using an IGBT like this for switching, either protective front-end on the Diesel setup, or using it only as a boosted power supply to the coils?
JHolland wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:12 pm How high a voltage are the injectors? an ignition coil driver is usually rated at around 450V clamping, I would expect an injector driver to be much lower.
Injector driver is around 200V but can be mod to higher voltage (i think it is not necessary) as you see if we use ignitor the output is just 12v release by the igbt gate only, so by using this it possible will improve the firing.
PSIG wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:23 pm Your path is the direction ignition is going, using the best attributes of CDI and IDI ignitions. CDI's HV spark to drive spark through high-pressure and dirty mixtures, and IDI's high-current power and spark duration to light it off better. I'll be following your experiments in using available hardware towards that goal with interest. 8-)
Yes the durations will be depends on the dwell/spark time that we set. I found out rav4 1AZ-FSE also using the same injector driver. There is no harm to try BTW i can feel so much differences after using it especially on high boost the car really smooth and even better idling on low rev. I had many of those driver i can ship you 1 if u need to try!
PSIG wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:12 pm I'm curious for the spec's here as well. Diesel injectors generally run 50 to 100V. This would push an IDI coil well past CDI voltage, and flyback would be >1000V. My first concern is internal coil arcing even at lower voltages. @JHolland - what do you think about using an IGBT like this for switching, either protective front-end on the Diesel setup, or using it only as a boosted power supply to the coils?
The igbt is built in with 4 channel so it is just plug and play!! let me find the diagram and show u.

I think possible reasons for that would be: 1) loo[…]

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?