Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
I found a random advertisement on the GM 0280156086 for 213cc/min at 3-bar pressure, but I don't trust it as other info they had was incorrect. I would suggest measuring timed flow with your pump and regulator into a container for a general flow measurement. You just need to know it is reasonable for initial calculations, and you can adjust from there once running. 8-) Or, if your pressure is the same, just try 213 and you'll find out. :lol: There are times when math helps, and other times you just have to find out for yourself.

Keep in-mind that Req_fuel can be inaccurate based on the info you enter. If the info is wrong, you'll find that quickly, with overall rich or lean to some small or large degree. No big deal, as you can then use Req_fuel as a sort of "fuel knob" to dial your warmed running into the AFR target area. This manipulation brings R_f to match your calculated VE Table, rather than working the table to match calculated R_f. Neither value may be correct, but you can find the truth as your tuning progresses.
PSIG wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:33 pm Keep in-mind that Req_fuel can be inaccurate based on the info you enter. If the info is wrong, you'll find that quickly, with overall rich or lean to some small or large degree. No big deal, as you can then use Req_fuel as a sort of "fuel knob" to dial your warmed running into the AFR target area. This manipulation brings R_f to match your calculated VE Table, rather than working the table to match calculated R_f. Neither value may be correct, but you can find the truth as your tuning progresses.
Great advice! Redoing the entire VE table is too much time consuming, changing it entirely using re_fuel is well worth the click of a button.
About that GM injector, im building a fuel surge tank with only the pump inside, pressure regulator will be external and what the store have avaible will be chose, anything from 3 to 4.5 bar will do it 8-). I will return when the fuel lines are ready to be tested. Oh, are those pictures i posted welcome here? I can post more of them if it is of any help for others with aircooled projects.
Thanks for all the help.
If you feel the photos are helpful or explanatory, then I say post-away. 8-) You can also link to images stored elsewhere (especially if they are huge), so the reader can click-to-view if they want.
Time for an update. My plan of using the two throttle plates with two injectors wont do it, the angle needed for not spray in the walls would be weird and unpractical, in other words, too much work for not a big reward. The plan is to go on a jorney to find the cheaper set of intake from the kombi, or the mex beetle, but people want its weight in gold. With that in mind, the prices from a CB600f itb's are great at 7 times less than the vw original, still requires a bit of tubing but i wont complain with that price. They are probably 30mm and will feed a 1.6L, is it too big or it is fine?
A lot can depend on how the manifold(s) are configured. Crossover manifolds (1-3 & 2-4) will provide best fuel distribution due to firing order (1-4-3-2). If using 1-2 & 3-4 manifolds with TBI, and unless you run MPFI or ITB with one injector per-cylinder, spraying the wall or throttle plate can have advantages for more even fuel distribution with the two cylinders in succession. Without some form of wall wetting, the first cylinder firing after injection will get most of the fuel and the second cylinder will be leaner. Just something to consider.

This is an EJ22 manifold build on SDS-EFI, but shows the popular flat-4 spider design with plenum that feeds evenly to all cylinders:
The plan was to make it 1-2 & 3-4, but i would need to build a manifold from scratch so building it to fit itbs is the same work, but better ( oh the sound :twisted: ). What i want to avoid is welding the injectors supports in the manifold tubes, like in the picture, because im sure i wont make everything tight and aligned. If spraying the wall is not a big deal, the bike itb will be fine.
D_NQ_NP_762169-MLB46981589398_082021-V.jpg
D_NQ_NP_762169-MLB46981589398_082021-V.jpg (19.52 KiB) Viewed 5505 times
As it splits in two, also the fuel rail, i wont have to worry about fabrication and leaks. For this setup, should i aim the injector to the valve, right?
roger.rrgt wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:59 pm ... What i want to avoid is welding the injectors supports in the manifold tubes, like in the picture, because im sure i wont make everything tight and aligned.
You may find it interesting, that most racing teams doing manifold conversions use a high-temperature epoxy to install injector bungs. ;) I've mostly seen porting epoxy or Devcon types used, but a lot of them with JBWeld. There are some fantastic marine and aviation epoxies, but typically in larger quantities. Fab shops weld them in simply because customers expect that. Alignment is maintained by using the installed injectors in the mounted fuel rail to hold the bungs in proper location and angles.
roger.rrgt wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:59 pm For this setup, should i aim the injector to the valve, right?
Generally. Aiming depends on many factors, and if your spray pattern is tight, then yes, at the valve. For multi-hole "fog" or wide spray-angle injectors, into the center of flow is general practice. Max-perf setups commonly use down-throat TBI from directly overhead, centered on the bore.
PSIG wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:15 am You may find it interesting, that most racing teams doing manifold conversions use a high-temperature epoxy to install injector bungs. ;) I've mostly seen porting epoxy or Devcon types used, but a lot of them with JBWeld. There are some fantastic marine and aviation epoxies, but typically in larger quantities. Fab shops weld them in simply because customers expect that. Alignment is maintained by using the installed injectors in the mounted fuel rail to hold the bungs in proper location and angles.
Never saw it! And probably wouldnt look at it with good eyes haha. But is worth a try, cant beat the price of doing this way. Im going with this route and there will be pictures in next post.
Thanks for your help

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

See my earlier post . The Base Tune sets t[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?