For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
theonewithin wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:23 am No change.

They are the same.
Ok, I asked this because the lambda value shown in tunerstudio and the display I put on the controller is different. This is because I change the Stoich ratio in tunerstudio to 9.0 (Ethanol 100%) so tunerstudio calculates the lambda using that value. I would like to find a way for the values ​​shown in tunerstudio and the controller display to be the same. Does anyone have any ideas?

Best regards
That would depend on which one is "right", which isn't to say that either one is. Most differential readings are due to ground loops, so first verify your controller and Speeduino are grounded at the same exact point (same stud or whatever), and that all of your Speeduino grounds are being used, and grounded individually to that same ground point. See where you are at that point. Beyond that point, calibrations are suspect.

From the theoretical side, Lambda is effectively only a relative reference. As you are tuning using the values reported by Speeduino, that one takes precedence, whatever it's reading. Your tuning will find the best reported Lambda for best performance at any point, whether that's .08 or 1.1, and that's your new target for best performance. Your gauge readout is only for you to know when it is relatively rich or lean of what you expect, and specific readings are irrelevant. Hope that helps.
PSIG wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:19 pm That would depend on which one is "right", which isn't to say that either one is. Most differential readings are due to ground loops, so first verify your controller and Speeduino are grounded at the same exact point (same stud or whatever), and that all of your Speeduino grounds are being used, and grounded individually to that same ground point. See where you are at that point. Beyond that point, calibrations are suspect.

From the theoretical side, Lambda is effectively only a relative reference. As you are tuning using the values reported by Speeduino, that one takes precedence, whatever it's reading. Your tuning will find the best reported Lambda for best performance at any point, whether that's .08 or 1.1, and that's your new target for best performance. Your gauge readout is only for you to know when it is relatively rich or lean of what you expect, and specific readings are irrelevant. Hope that helps.
OK thank you for answering. I managed to leave the tunerstudio value equal to the one shown on the controller by calibrating the sensor again.
I used the formula Lambda=Afr/9.0(In the case of ethanol) as in 0.5v the lambda must be 0.68 and in 4.5v it must be 1.36 I did the following calculation 0.68=Afr/9.0 what gives 6.12 AFR and 1.36=Afr/9.0 what gives 12.24.

Whatever gets you what you're after. This is one reason most tuners are no longer using AFR and only read by Lambda, as stoich is always 1.0, no matter what fuel or blend you are running. So much easier, and no conversion math. I don't know who put what fuel in the tank, and I don't care. :lol:
Most widebands I know of read in lambda. The scale to convert to AFR must be based on a stoich value, usually gasoline. Most I know of are built in, as an example for a LC2 you use the programmer to set it to whatever you want and it rescales the analog output accordingly. You can get actual lambda through serial, not through analog.

In other words, don't confuse yourself. If you are running e85 with a 9:1 ratio and the wideband reports 14.7, it's actually 9:1 with a lambda of 1.

The AFR targets for power will possibly change, only because the lambda targets for power for alternative fuels aren't the same as they are for gasoline. Lucky for you e85 is pretty damn similar to gasoline, unless you were stupid rich off pump because of knock alone. So, don't do anything. Switch to lambda if you want, I wouldn't.
Again, whatever gets you what you're after. All wide-band controllers read Lambda from the sensor. Speeduino uses the mentioned LC2 analog output for either Lambda or AFR, as it is simply a 0V to 5V signal based on Lambda. The standard LC2 output is scaled Lambda 0.5 to 1.5, with center voltage being Lambda 1. If you want to read in gasoline AFR, this is equivalent to AFR 7.35 to 22.39 if you use the (Lambda * 14.7) multiplier. Tell Speeduino to use Lambda * 9.76 if you want E85 AFRs. Speeduino will simply read stoich at the multiplier value you use, and target relative AFR table values.

It's all relative reference, and since many are used to the gasoline/petrol AFR scale, stoich is still stoich, whatever the readout for stoich is with the multiplier you use. Some like Centigrade while others like Fahrenheit. Same deal. I grew up with F (boiling 212 and freezing 32), but C makes more sense (100 and 0) and is easier once comfortable with it, so I also use that for tuning if the customer is OK with it. That's me. Do what makes you giggle. 8-)
NickZ wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:33 pm the Serial output is in Lambda on these controllers, you can connect a serial to usb and use the arduino serial monitor to view the Lambda readings.
I have a clip on display coming for the BL49SP that can show Lambda or AFR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXGPykssOkk&ab_channel=NickHay
Verry cool!

did you wire the display directly from the bl49sp? (i guess this will need modification to the code?)
or do you use a additional controller (arduino?) wich is looking for data from the bl49sp serial output, and convert it to display output on the display?

i have another question about heater startup/measuring.
i would like to start the sensor heater (x time) after engine start and is running.
now there are different ways to accomplish this.. i've been thinking about letting the ecu control this (maybe with opto coupler to avoid grounding issues?) somehow by grounding the IN pin on bl49sp.
but at this moment im looking for a more universal way when running bl49sp in standalone mode.
i could think of making a CAN sniffer wich is looking for a 'Engine Running' message to power up the Sensor heater and start running..
but there should be a much more simple solution for this to accomplish.
now i was thinking to make an additional circuit wich act like a On/Off switch and switches the IN pin off bl49sp to ground when the +UB pin is seeing 13-14+V (to determine engine is running)

any suggestions? could it be even more simple? or maybe even codewise with V0.0.2a? (and would this be doable for someone like me im no expert in coding :mrgreen: )

maurice.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?