For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By theonewithin
No.

Please read the wiki. It covers the correct method of connecting sensors.

Unless of course your board doesn't things differently.

Which you will need the contact the maker and ask as it is not an official board.
By marogarage
theonewithin wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:56 am No.

Please read the wiki. It covers the correct method of connecting sensors.

Unless of course your board doesn't things differently.

Which you will need the contact the maker and ask as it is not an official board.
unfortunetly jumpers on my board are not equel to official board, and i can't find anything about hall sensor connection on wiki except jumpers configuration... i can't find even whitch pin on arduino is responsible for square wave hall sensor signal.
By marogarage
NickZ wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:38 pm there is no user info for the BMW PNP boards on the wiki as its not an official speeduino board, it is a User created board.
I know, but i can't even find cleat board pinout on pazi's github... Board is working proper in all the way except RPM. I only need to know how to connect hall sensor becouse my board don't have VR Conditioner. When i created this post i only wanted to know whitch pin on board should be square wave input from sensor and is this proper when i have +5v at VR1+ and VR1-... guys don't be mad because of my ignorance please, im not electronics engineer, im just trying to fire up my shitbox
By jonbill
the standard boards offer a 5v reference and sensor grounds, Im sure pazi's do too.
the 5v reference will be one of the wires to the TPS if you can find that on your BMW loom.
By NickZ
for hall the VR1+ should read +5 volts.
VR1- is not connected to anything when using hall.

Use the +5v from the TPS to power the HALL sensor
Use Sensor ground for the negative side of the sensor.
Connect the HALL sensors output to VR1+

If VR1+ has +5v on it without the trigger sensor connected then its ready to go.

Are you running anything in sequential mode, Injectors or ignition? if so you have to have a cam signal as well as crank
If you are running Paired/Semi sequential and Wasted/Wasted COP you only need the crank trigger.

you will not get a RPM signal if you have any of the setting set to sequential and no cam signal.

If your using a PNP from Pazi your crank and cam (if your using sequential) will be in the correct pin positions (reason for using a PNP in the first place).
Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 12.10.04 am.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 12.10.04 am.png (53.14 KiB) Viewed 5514 times
Have you followed these setting shown in this schematic on his Github?
By marogarage
NickZ wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:13 pm for hall the VR1+ should read +5 volts.

If VR1+ has +5v on it without the trigger sensor connected then its ready to go.

Are you running anything in sequential mode, Injectors or ignition? if so you have to have a cam signal as well as crank
If you are running Paired/Semi sequential and Wasted/Wasted COP you only need the crank trigger.

you will not get a RPM signal if you have any of the setting set to sequential and no cam signal.

If your using a PNP from Pazi your crank and cam (if your using sequential) will be in the correct pin positions (reason for using a PNP in the first place).
Ok, i will restore loom to factory condition. I didn't check that i have sequentional or semi sequentional mode in TS, i didn't know is that any difference for RPM signal. My speeduino is compatible only with semi sequentional mode. Are the m50 VR and m52 hall crank sensor have the same pinout? M52 hall sensor isn't fitting into m50 loom so i grinded not matching tooth at connector. I'm not sure are the pinouts are equel.
By marogarage
NickZ wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:13 pm for hall the VR1+ should read +5 volts.

I connected it as you said and still no RPM signal. I set semi-sequentional injector layout in TS and trigger settings from Pazi88's base map. Is that correct if i have 3.2V at VR1+ when i plug in sensor? Maybe my sensor is damaged? And should i plug off cam sensor when it's not needed?
By pazi88
marogarage wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:31 pm
I connected it as you said and still no RPM signal. I set semi-sequentional injector layout in TS and trigger settings from Pazi88's base map. Is that correct if i have 3.2V at VR1+ when i plug in sensor? Maybe my sensor is damaged? And should i plug off cam sensor when it's not needed?
Did you see the instructions on the GitHub:
Using hall type sensors instead of stock vr:

JP23 and JP24 are used to power optional hall sensors with 5v or 12v. Do not use these with VR conditioner!
In rev 1.x the power will be sent to pin2 in the sensor connector. Pin 1 will be signal and pin 3 is ground.
In rev 2.x the power will be sent to pin1 in the sensor connector. Pin 2 will be signal and pin 3 is ground.
If sensors require pull-up resistor, the R39 is used for that for crank and R40 is for cam.
In addition to that R59 and R60 need to be added to get the signal to processor when VR-conditioner is not used and
you need to jumper 2-3 in JP31.
By marogarage
pazi88 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:29 pm
marogarage wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:31 pm
Did you see the instructions on the GitHub:
Using hall type sensors instead of stock vr:

JP23 and JP24 are used to power optional hall sensors with 5v or 12v. Do not use these with VR conditioner!
In rev 1.x the power will be sent to pin2 in the sensor connector. Pin 1 will be signal and pin 3 is ground.
In rev 2.x the power will be sent to pin1 in the sensor connector. Pin 2 will be signal and pin 3 is ground.
If sensors require pull-up resistor, the R39 is used for that for crank and R40 is for cam.
In addition to that R59 and R60 need to be added to get the signal to processor when VR-conditioner is not used and
you need to jumper 2-3 in JP31.
Yes, i saw. My jumper config is: JP24 5v, JP31 2-3. And i have R59 and R39 too. This part: "In rev 2.x the power will be sent to pin1 in the sensor connector. Pin 2 will be signal and pin 3 is ground." isn't clear for me. My sensor haven't written any numbers at connector. How should i know what pin is 1,2,3? I used this diagram during connection: (white gnd, black +5V, red sign)
Attachments
crank_cam_bmw.png
crank_cam_bmw.png (277.25 KiB) Viewed 5415 times

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?