Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By chester240
Good day and hello to all. Im new to speeduino but not to other ECM's.
I have a problem with the GM HEI setup.
The engine starts fine with bypass disconected and the cam signal is clean. But when i reattach the bypass the engine cuts once in a awhile. I have checked the ignition signal output with the osciloscope and without the bypass its clean, but with the bypass concected its erratic. Cheched it with two arduino boards. And somtimes after i burn a crucial option that reqires a adruino shutdown the ignition signal dissapiers almost completly. I have to reburn the controler a couple of times to make it work again. I have checked it on two latest firmwares and its the same. And the output from the ignition controler IC is about 2v but on arduino pin its 5v.
Some wlep is required.
Regards
By PSIG
I see two steps in your troubleshooting. First is a known signal issue, and that must be solved before moving to Speeduino. Both problems may stem from the signal corruption.

Second is if an issue remains after correcting the signal problem; then post how it does or doesn't work (which may now be different), and we can help troubleshoot that separate issue.
By chester240
Ok what know signal issue? The trigger signal i almost perfect. Its the output ignition signal thats the problem. On tooth logger the Trigger signal is ok with bypass disconected. But once i conect the bypass its erratic. But on osciloscope its perfect .

Small update. Today i checked both the trigger signal and ignition signal on the osciloscope and like earlier trigger signal i ok but the ignition signal simetimes is missing the dwell time. Just a spike no high time. And other thing.
The engine bearly runs with experimental ignition ON. With OFF the ignition signal is a total garbage.
Here is a screen of the trigger and ignition signal.
Green is trigger. Yellow is ignition.
By PSIG
chester240 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:03 pm I have checked the ignition signal output with the osciloscope and without the bypass its clean, but with the bypass concected its erratic.
My misunderstanding, thinking it was the input signal. Do your thing.
By plazomat
chester240 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:42 pm I think i have figured it out. I changed a firmware to older fone and it seems it works now.
Running a GM HEI here as well on the latest 202103 firmware. Engine runs pretty well at idle anyway have not got past that.

What firmware did you roll back to and can you post current plots?

Plaz
By theonewithin
chester240 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:42 pm I think i have figured it out. I changed a firmware to older fone and it seems it works now.
How is that "figured it out"?

Seems more like "NFI what was wrong. Rolled back. Now works. NFI why".

Log's and tunes of both would assist to find the ACTUAL problem.

Hell. It could have been a simple firmware corruption issue that rolling back solved.
By chester240
Ar this mement the HEI module works only as a Vr conditioner. Im not using it to charge coil. For coil im using LS coil from a truck. This solved almost all the problems with firmware EEProm coruptuon. The experimental igition gors not work for basic distributor setup. And there is a problem with stepper motor valve. At voltages below 13 it looses steps but i think i have a solution for that.
It would be nice for the stepper motor to move befor cranking.
By plazomat
Hey man so are you now using current firmware and not using new ignition mode? or are you still running older firmware?

How did you mount the HEI module?

PLAZ

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?