Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
After some time searching and scratching my head, i thought it was time to make my own post. My project is to replace the carburetor and distributor in a original engine, ok.. The vehicle is a trycicle, rear suspension and engine from a brasilia and a long front suspension. For the parts, they are coming from a hyosung gt250 motorcycle, because why not? These parts came to me for free and nothing beat free parts! Is has two 28mm throttle bodies, wich might be fine, my goal is not performance, and only 2 injectors. The trigger wheel came from something rusty and is a 60-2, the sensor is a VW hall 037906433a (this was bought new :D ). Now the problem, got this sensor working fine with the pull up resistor, but the 5V signal dont reach the arduino pin D19. I can measure the 5V in the middle pin of jp2 without the jumper on it, and when set to hall, i have nothing, my bet is at the c25 as mine has a little dent on it, how does a ceramic capacitor dies only testing the sensor? how can i test it? I will be providing a replacement this week and come back to tell if he was the culprit.
Attachments
IMG_20210724_110443724.jpg
IMG_20210724_110443724.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 6115 times
IMG_20210721_113849581_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210721_113849581_HDR.jpg (525.82 KiB) Viewed 6115 times
Dont mind the witeish board, the contact cleaner i used to clean the solder flush leaved this residue.
Will remove and test it, also testing the clt circuit, the c4 cap is damaged like the c25, what surprises me is i didnt wired anything there, maybe something related to quality on these caps? Tantalum capacitors on the way.
Attachments
IMG_20210724_145232898.jpg
IMG_20210724_145232898.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 6082 times
IMG_20210724_145541178_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210724_145541178_HDR.jpg (877.1 KiB) Viewed 6082 times
theonewithin wrote:Just remove the cap. If it's the issue then that will resolve it.

Better options. Provide clear high resolution pictures of both sides of your board so we can see the quality of the soldering work and any potential issues.
That did the trick, the cap was grouding the signal!! Did a log for a couple seconds and found some sync losses, but hey, its reading now! Next step is to center the trigger wheel nicely, its a little off center for now.
Thank you for the tip!
Attachments
ts.jpg
ts.jpg (294.12 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
I have no idea, found the wheel and pulley rusting in the junkyard. Maybe someone can solve the mistery looking at the evidence. :lol:
Attachments
IMG_20210708_112928836.jpg
IMG_20210708_112928836.jpg (973.78 KiB) Viewed 6005 times
IMG_20210708_113034222.jpg
IMG_20210708_113034222.jpg (909.15 KiB) Viewed 6005 times
Hey, glad I found this post. I literally signed up here, and bought a kit 5 minutes ago. I'm posting, because my project is similar. I am into a full body off restoration of a 75 Beetle. Currently sandblasting the body to do the minimal amount of metal body work before sand and paint. But I thought about an ECU for the engine, as I can't stand swapping carb jets to get things running right after adding performance parts, especially a VW, standing in the exhaust jet stream getting asphyxiated. Too old for that nonsense. Anyhow, I've got a lot to learn about setting this thing up. I'm an EE with some Arduino experience and general electronics stuff, so it should go ok but I'm sure there will be questions. I just hope this doesn't become another one of those all consuming projects that never works right, and goes into the dust bin.
cornwallav8r wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:06 pm Hey, glad I found this post.
Keep looking as there are hundreds of posts related to the many air-cooled VWs running.
cornwallav8r wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:06 pm I just hope this doesn't become another one of those all consuming projects that never works right, and goes into the dust bin.
Between this post and your other one, one might get the impression your anxiety or pessimism may get the best of you; but with your background and some reading, I'll bet you do OK. Others with far less background but a willingness to do it have done very well. ;) Grab your favorite beverage and begin planning your project. Post a new project thread about it describing your engine, vehicle, and goals, and let others enjoy and help you if needed or wanted.
cornwallav8r wrote: But I thought about an ECU for the engine, as I can't stand swapping carb jets to get things running right after adding performance parts, especially a VW, standing in the exhaust jet stream getting asphyxiated. Too old for that nonsense. Anyhow, I've got a lot to learn about setting this thing up. I'm an EE with some Arduino experience and general electronics stuff, so it should go ok but I'm sure there will be questions. I just hope this doesn't become another one of those all consuming projects that never works right, and goes into the dust bin.
You are starting this better prepared than me, who just parachuted into the arduino and programmable efi world. Wish the best on your project! And dont try and rush the things.
PSIG wrote: but with your background and some reading, I'll bet you do OK. Others with far less background but a willingness to do it have done very well. ;) Grab your favorite beverage and begin planning your project. Post a new project thread about it describing your engine, vehicle, and goals, and let others enjoy and help you if needed or wanted.
Just like me, i am learning as i try different things on TS and choose what will fit or not my project.
So, back to the problems, now it is sync loss. The trigger wheel is aligned the best way possible, a little off center, spinning the sensor does not make any difference so i was playing with distance, increasing from 1mm to closer to 2mm from the wheel improved a bit (still working on the mounting, to allow more distance). From what is in the log, most of this loss happens in decelerations and steady acceleration, or idle. Dont mind the settings on my tune, the engine is not working on speedy yet as there are some other things to finish, including this sync issue. Sorry for the zip, but how to attach the log?
Attachments
(80.21 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?