For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By Pedxing
Spork wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:34 pm Some other things took priority in my life but I'm back and still can't get this to work. Idle up doesn't make any difference and the AC turning on will usually kill the engine if I'm warmed up and idling.

Tune should be attached.
Very interested in this as well -- the wiki seems to be missing a number of mods needed to make everything work on a NA8. I have a '94 (usdm model), 48 pin connector.

Here are the things I've noted are different between 94-95 and 90-93:

Main fan output: As mentioned it is 1R on a 1.6 and is 1K on the 1.8 so needs to be jumpered.
I'm using 1R as a flex fuel input -- on the 94 this is for the purge valve solenoid. So need to figure out where that should go.
5V reference: 1.6 uses 1N, 1.8 uses 2K.
Boost control: 1.6 uses 2K, 1.8 (me at least) uses 2O (goes to maf plug)
TPS: 1.6 uses 2L, 1.8 uses 2M
Fuel Pump Output: Mentioned in wiki, 1.6 uses 2O, 1.8 uses 2T, map the pin in TunerStudio to A9
Injectors: Seems ok -- wired for sequential, 1.6 only uses 2U and 2V but the PNP is using 2U, 2V, 2Y, 2Z

What I'm not sure about is what needs to be jumpered on the board, what (like the fuel pump) can be remapped in TunerStudio, and what if any actual traces on the board need to be cut. For example if 2K on my harness supplies a 5v reference and that is jumpered to 1N then it seems like the trace for 2K on the board needs to be cut and jumpered to 2O so my boost control will work. But maybe that can be done in software.

Any guidance would be appreciated!
By Spork
Pedxing wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:59 pm
Spork wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:34 pm Some other things took priority in my life but I'm back and still can't get this to work. Idle up doesn't make any difference and the AC turning on will usually kill the engine if I'm warmed up and idling.

Tune should be attached.
Very interested in this as well -- the wiki seems to be missing a number of mods needed to make everything work on a NA8. I have a '94 (usdm model), 48 pin connector.

Here are the things I've noted are different between 94-95 and 90-93:

Main fan output: As mentioned it is 1R on a 1.6 and is 1K on the 1.8 so needs to be jumpered.
I'm using 1R as a flex fuel input -- on the 94 this is for the purge valve solenoid. So need to figure out where that should go.
5V reference: 1.6 uses 1N, 1.8 uses 2K.
Boost control: 1.6 uses 2K, 1.8 (me at least) uses 2O (goes to maf plug)
TPS: 1.6 uses 2L, 1.8 uses 2M
Fuel Pump Output: Mentioned in wiki, 1.6 uses 2O, 1.8 uses 2T, map the pin in TunerStudio to A9
Injectors: Seems ok -- wired for sequential, 1.6 only uses 2U and 2V but the PNP is using 2U, 2V, 2Y, 2Z

What I'm not sure about is what needs to be jumpered on the board, what (like the fuel pump) can be remapped in TunerStudio, and what if any actual traces on the board need to be cut. For example if 2K on my harness supplies a 5v reference and that is jumpered to 1N then it seems like the trace for 2K on the board needs to be cut and jumpered to 2O so my boost control will work. But maybe that can be done in software.

Any guidance would be appreciated!
I wonder if the 5v reference has something to do with our idle up function not working (I'm not sure where to view the schematics/pinout of the speeduino pnp). It would be really nice if we could edit the wiki and add all this missing information but I'm not seeing a button to create a new account on there.
By Pedxing
The docs on the wiki github seem to say otherwise but it can also be that it is pushing changes back to github via the wiki interface. It's an exact match is all I'm saying and recently updated/kept in sync.

Question though:

What was the change needed for NA8 TPS (4 pin) to work with the 1.6 PNP (3 pin)?
By Pedxing
Ok awesome. Getting close -- I can stick my finding in after I test everything out.

This is what I have at the moment:
SpeeduinoPNPForNA8.jpg
SpeeduinoPNPForNA8.jpg (260.48 KiB) Viewed 3993 times
By Pedxing
Well the above diagram and changes is correct...but for later board versions. I received my hardware (bought used from another Miata guy) and it's a Beta 2 board. So a number of things appear to be missing. Let me know if any one has any specific details on the Beta 2 board...i wasn't able to find anything very detailed on the forum about differences, so I've been looking at the old Gerbers in the hardware reference.

For PNP Beta 2, I have this:

* Boost Out doesn't go to 2X, so I'm not worring about that for now. I'll just use wastegate spring pressure.

* The fuel pump feature to pin 45/2T doesn't seem to be implemented (where the wiki says use A9 in tunerstudio). That pin on the connector is not connected to anything. I'll need to jumper from 19/2O. Since my boost valve is on 2O i'll need to cut the pin on the connector like on the diagram.

* TPS: Still need to jumper 2L to 2M. This jumper is not present on the Beta 2 board but is already there as a trace on later boards. Instead of cutting the 2L pin on the connector which goes to the rear defrost relay, I can probably just pull the relay as I don't use it on my car.

* 5V ref: 1N to 2K as shown.

* Fan out: 1L to 1R as shown.

* Vehicle speed sensor: 1M...not going to bother right now. Eventually I want boost by gear.
By Pedxing
Oh also, on a Beta 2 board, the injectors don't support sequential through software changes so I need to cut the traces to make that work.
By Spork
It looks like, compared to your diagram, I have not manually added a jumper from 2o to 2x (My o2 sensor works perfectly fine though) and 1n to 2k (the 5v ref).

Am I reading this correctly in that pin 36 is grounded to activate the idle up function? Do the changes in your diagram somehow make it start functioning?

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?