For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By jonbill
I think your idle advance control is driving the lean swings - you're adding 20+ degrees advance at idle, getting you to 45, which is quite a lot IMO.
Then you've got target AFR incorporated in the VE table which is how it corrects when you change the target AFR.
By jonbill
your idle advance is working harder from about 44 deg because your iac pwm is reducing there - i.e. less air initially lowers idle, and the idle advance control tries to correct and push the idle speed back up, which makes the burn leaner etc
By jackscr
jonbill wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:32 am your idle advance is working harder from about 44 deg because your iac pwm is reducing there - i.e. less air initially lowers idle, and the idle advance control tries to correct and push the idle speed back up, which makes the burn leaner etc
No, the advance and everything is as it always was when it was working fine..the rpm fluctuates because it misfires and induces all that instability not the other way around.... and by the way this happens at cruise but is less noticeable
By jackscr
I took her for a longer drive today ... because it runs mostly fine... at least today it has... last time as I've said it lost it's mind and went lean on me for no reason at all rpm ... The rpm area I had to add fuel to make it stable...
The log is mostly to see if there is syncloss and there is not , the tune is off now because I altered the injector correction yesterday and can't tune it because of this random leaning out...
I zipped the log because it's too large to upload as is
Attachments
(910.49 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
By theonewithin
So that log was made using a different tune?

You need to supply the tune used.

And not make changes to said tune when logging.

There is a reason for this happening. But if you don't collect data effectively you won't be able to figure out why.
By jackscr
theonewithin wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:18 pm So that log was made using a different tune?

You need to supply the tune used.

And not make changes to said tune when logging.

There is a reason for this happening. But if you don't collect data effectively you won't be able to figure out why.
The tune I posted is the same one that was used during the drive of course... I said I only made the 4 cells for rpm richer for it to not run extremely rough at idle...I couldn't drive it otherwise... the rest of the settings is as they were
I realise this is very weird... it came out of nowhere and that is why i was suspecting the speeduino board itself as from the very beginning I could not use the aux analog inputs ,they just don't register any thing... posted this a while ago and still can't figure it out...
By PSIG
A quick look at your run log shows some trends. First, the data channels have been altered, so some info is missing, such as IAT. :? I also can't see your AFR targets or pull up your Spark table in MLV, so some info is interpreted from other indicators such as Gair and GammaE.

For example, Your Gair is reading consistently low (96-98%) and GammaE fueling mods are also low at 97-98%, but swing into the 80s regularly. The indication is that you are forced around 0.3 AFR lean from each of those. There are many modified setting in your tune, so it will take some time to hunt-down which are affecting your fueling and spark to an extent; but as @jonbill already noted, some of your settings are inverted (backwards) and others are just odd.

I'm not hammering on the fact it obviously needs more tuning, and I'm looking past that for what it is now and the trends it shows as the engine responds to your tuning and settings. You may find it helpful to load the Corrections.dash file into TS to see which parameters are active while running in various conditions.

Oh, and no sync losses on that log at all. 8-)
By jackscr
PSIG wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:38 pm A quick look at your run log shows some trends. First, the data channels have been altered, so some info is missing, such as IAT. :? I also can't see your AFR targets or pull up your Spark table in MLV, so some info is interpreted from other indicators such as Gair and GammaE.

For example, Your Gair is reading consistently low (96-98%) and GammaE fueling mods are also low at 97-98%, but swing into the 80s regularly. The indication is that you are forced around 0.3 AFR lean from each of those. There are many modified setting in your tune, so it will take some time to hunt-down which are affecting your fueling and spark to an extent; but as @jonbill already noted, some of your settings are inverted (backwards) and others are just odd.

I'm not hammering on the fact it obviously needs more tuning, and I'm looking past that for what it is now and the trends it shows as the engine responds to your tuning and settings. You may find it helpful to load the Corrections.dash file into TS to see which parameters are active while running in various conditions.

Oh, and no sync losses on that log at all. 8-)
OK allot of info :o
First of all my IAT logged fine... but it's not called IAT but MAT but is the same temp... I did not change anything this is how it always was...
I can see AFR target as well in the log so idk about that... i did not try to pull the spark table and don't know why that would not work... I have not altered any data channels...the firmware in speeduino is the original one from the latest update.
I will look into the Gair and GammaE and see what the hell is going on...but now that the tune is practically changing on itself I am hesitant to do anything... I have to stress that this tune..even though it is not finished (the VE table I mean..the spark is perfect and so is the AFR table) has been working fine for a month...and suddenly started acting up... how can the tune evolve by it self? :))
except for resolving the sync loss problem that I had I did not touch the ecu...and that was just replacing a resistor on the VR board...

Thanks for looking into this I realise this is hard to troubleshoot ....I mean am right here with it and can't figure it out... it feels like it lean misfires but I managed to make it 12:1 and still got it to act the same... so it is very random....
By theonewithin
What you need to understand is that the tune isn't changing.

It can't change without your input.

What is happening is an input into the calculations of fuel delivery is causing your issue.

What that is.... Is unknown.

What you could do is disable anything that can modify fueling and see how that goes.

That way it will NOT change at all compared to your VE table.

This is actually how you should be doing your tune.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?