For anything not related to Speeduino, but still about car/bike/boat/engines etc
By Blown300ZX
Hi Arduino Gurus.
Just joined the forum. I have developed an Arduino Mega into a transmission controller for my A341E transmission fitted behind a Blown 1UZFE lexus engine in a Nissan 300ZX. The controller shifts the transmission in auto mode and has a manual tiptronic mode using paddles on the steering wheel. I use an LCD and 7 segment display to display gears and other info. I'm looking for others who may have developed something similar to share ideas and make improvements. Drop me a note if you are interested. Thanks
By dazq
Perhaps you should put the code on GitHub for us to look at? I began development of a trans controller some time back but not done much on it lately.
By Jason Green
I’ve designed my own controller for gearboxes specifical to work with Speeduino and as a standalone controller.

Features:
OLED Display Outputs for Current Gear, Temps and Warnings
3 Mode Selective Full Auto Shift Matrix (Full customisable shift points with RPM, TPS and Vehicle Speed)
3 Analog/Digital Inputs for Temp Sensor/Switches (Lockouts for Overdrive and Temp Warnings)
1 PWM Analog/Digital Output for Shift Light
2 Analog/Digital Inputs for Paddle Shift Manual/Semi Auto (Resistive setpoints and high/low shift)
8 PWM Shift and Line Pressure Solenoid Outputs (5A with overcurrent/short protection and feedback for monitoring)
4 Analog/Digital inputs (Engine RPM, Gearbox Input RPM, Gearbox Output RPM, Spare all VR/Hall with the addition of VR Conditioner same as Speeduino)

The work I’ve put into it as a project is a lot so I haven’t fully decided what I will be doing with it once I have finalised a generic version but I want to make it available to the community in some form.
A cut down version for just basic transmissions with shift solenoids only including the basic features such as full auto mode selection and paddle shifting this is what most people need anyway.
Line pressure control etc is complex and requires a lot of understanding of your box to setup so isn’t for the average person and could result in damage to your gearbox if not setup correctly.

Ill be poting on the facebook page once i have finalise a generic version and hope it does what people have been asking for at a minimal cost.
By Mr_Hypnotic
That looks interesting. What trans have you tested this on?
Jason Green wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:08 pm I’ve designed my own controller for gearboxes specifical to work with Speeduino and as a standalone controller.

Features:
OLED Display Outputs for Current Gear, Temps and Warnings
3 Mode Selective Full Auto Shift Matrix (Full customisable shift points with RPM, TPS and Vehicle Speed)
3 Analog/Digital Inputs for Temp Sensor/Switches (Lockouts for Overdrive and Temp Warnings)
1 PWM Analog/Digital Output for Shift Light
2 Analog/Digital Inputs for Paddle Shift Manual/Semi Auto (Resistive setpoints and high/low shift)
8 PWM Shift and Line Pressure Solenoid Outputs (5A with overcurrent/short protection and feedback for monitoring)
4 Analog/Digital inputs (Engine RPM, Gearbox Input RPM, Gearbox Output RPM, Spare all VR/Hall with the addition of VR Conditioner same as Speeduino)

The work I’ve put into it as a project is a lot so I haven’t fully decided what I will be doing with it once I have finalised a generic version but I want to make it available to the community in some form.
A cut down version for just basic transmissions with shift solenoids only including the basic features such as full auto mode selection and paddle shifting this is what most people need anyway.
Line pressure control etc is complex and requires a lot of understanding of your box to setup so isn’t for the average person and could result in damage to your gearbox if not setup correctly.

Ill be poting on the facebook page once i have finalise a generic version and hope it does what people have been asking for at a minimal cost.
By PSIG
Blown300ZX wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:06 pm... I'm looking for others who may have developed something similar to share ideas and make improvements.
Jason Green wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:08 pm... The work I’ve put into it as a project is a lot so I haven’t fully decided what I will be doing with it once I have finalised a generic version but I want to make it available to the community in some form.
I think work in this direction is awesome. I did some info and idea-sharing with @dazq for his open-source Gears controller, but it hasn't developed to the point I can use it for my purposes, yet. Perhaps yours is mature enough in basic form to do the job.

However, any development beyond the version you will release open-source is troublesome. You are in a gray area, without definition, and your position must be very clear. If members here help in the dev process (ideas, testing, whatever), will they see the benefits? Or, will you use that volunteer effort in closed-source commercial-profit versions?

Your position must be clear, or some rather nasty results may occur, perhaps similar to other well-known projects when volunteers realized their efforts would appear in closed-source profit versions without benefit to them for their contributions. Free help under the guise of presumed open-source and open-benefit. Consequences have been both emotional and legal. For protection of members here, and you, there must be more than presumption.

To be clear, I have absolutely no issue with making a profit from open-source, and that is the actual intent of the concept. Several members here have made profit opportunities from Speeduino, but the full code, features and and concepts are freely available (FOSS). You can make your money on stuff like packaging, hardware, application, accessories and convenience, e.g., PnP versions, and more. However, it must be open-source first, with profit opportunities. Not closed-source, while everybody unwittingly helps you with your profit. ;)

So, before you open the forums to volunteers for your project, please make clear statements to everyone of your intentions and adherence (or not) to open-source concepts and specific licensing terms. Or, state the closed-source nature and whatever benefits or profit-sharing you are offering to collaborators. I'd love to help you with your FOSS and OSH (or possibly private venture) as it's a way to help myself. 8-)
By Jason Green
Mr_Hypnotic wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:21 pm That looks interesting. What trans have you tested this on?
I have only tested on ASIN Transmissions specific to my requirements (A340e, A350e & A650e) but once im 100% happy i will release stripped down version of the software/hardware to the community i need to sort out my tunerstudio intergration and rewrite a few bits to work with TS.
By Jason Green
PSIG wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:14 pm I think work in this direction is awesome. I did some info and idea-sharing with @dazq for his open-source Gears controller, but it hasn't developed to the point I can use it for my purposes, yet. Perhaps yours is mature enough in basic form to do the job.

However, any development beyond the version you will release open-source is troublesome. You are in a gray area, without definition, and your position must be very clear. If members here help in the dev process (ideas, testing, whatever), will they see the benefits? Or, will you use that volunteer effort in closed-source commercial-profit versions?

Your position must be clear, or some rather nasty results may occur, perhaps similar to other well-known projects when volunteers realized their efforts would appear in closed-source profit versions without benefit to them for their contributions. Free help under the guise of presumed open-source and open-benefit. Consequences have been both emotional and legal. For protection of members here, and you, there must be more than presumption.

To be clear, I have absolutely no issue with making a profit from open-source, and that is the actual intent of the concept. Several members here have made profit opportunities from Speeduino, but the full code, features and and concepts are freely available (FOSS). You can make your money on stuff like packaging, hardware, application, accessories and convenience, e.g., PnP versions, and more. However, it must be open-source first, with profit opportunities. Not closed-source, while everybody unwittingly helps you with your profit. ;)

So, before you open the forums to volunteers for your project, please make clear statements to everyone of your intentions and adherence (or not) to open-source concepts and specific licensing terms. Or, state the closed-source nature and whatever benefits or profit-sharing you are offering to collaborators. I'd love to help you with your FOSS and OSH (or possibly private venture) as it's a way to help myself. 8-)
100% i want to make it FOSS, I’m new to programming and hardware but I’m learning fast and feel I will learn even more once I make it available. My concern is more putting features out that aren’t ready or have major bugs. Also I haven’t finished my TS integration yet mainly because I’m learning how it all works and there aren’t exactly guide on integrating with TS.

Hopefully in the next few months i will have a version ready. Not sure exactly how i will manage its release and any contributions people want to make i guess GitHub is the only way for what is a small project.
By Mr_Hypnotic
Jason Green wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:42 am
Mr_Hypnotic wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:21 pm That looks interesting. What trans have you tested this on?
I have only tested on ASIN Transmissions specific to my requirements (A340e, A350e & A650e) but once im 100% happy i will release stripped down version of the software/hardware to the community i need to sort out my tunerstudio intergration and rewrite a few bits to work with TS.
Very cool! I do have a few A340's in Jeeps that I have been thinking about upgrading the controls. I'm not satisfied with the factory shift settings. I would also like to work with the 8hp70.
By Jason Green
Mr_Hypnotic wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:17 pm Very cool! I do have a few A340's in Jeeps that I have been thinking about upgrading the controls. I'm not satisfied with the factory shift settings. I would also like to work with the 8hp70.
Yeah this could be added to the supported boxes just need to figure out my profile setup stuff in TS as currently profiles have to be written but i want to make it easy for people to customise/build a new profile for different boxes.

Also as the 8HP70 has 9 solenoids i would need to add this into the design luckily this isn’t a big deal with my current setup hardware wise but i want to start cutting it down and finding a STM chip better suited to the needs currently using a Mega 2560 PRO on my board for my application and for testing etc.
By dazq
Mr_Hypnotic wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:17 pm
Jason Green wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:42 am
Very cool! I do have a few A340's in Jeeps that I have been thinking about upgrading the controls. I'm not satisfied with the factory shift settings. I would also like to work with the 8hp70.
The original gears code was written specifically for a a340e that another speedy member had in his Volvo! It only runs as a paddle shift (or sport stick if your vehicle supports one) manual but may suit your needs? I do recall another member had it in a 4x4 of some kind for rock crawling but forget what make/model the vehicle was( box was a a340 though)

I've been away from playing cars for a few weeks, […]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wo[…]

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?