For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By StevenChua
Hi,

Is it possible to add in firing order setup like MS3 where we can just wire up the inj output 1234 but in software we can configure it to 1342.

regards
Steven
By pazi88
StevenChua wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:08 pm Hi,

Is it possible to add in firing order setup like MS3 where we can just wire up the inj output 1234 but in software we can configure it to 1342.

regards
Steven
No you can't even do that on ms3. The firing order there is just to have fuel trims, knock detection etc. Configured by cylinder number. Not just by output number.

Of course that kind of feature is doable in speeduino, but it's same effort to wire everything in correct or in wrong firing order, so is that kind of feature even usefull?
By StevenChua
Cheers Pazi,

I think you misunderstood, it is the firing order table like this photo i attached!
ms3_skyliner34.PNG
ms3_skyliner34.PNG (40.54 KiB) Viewed 4091 times
Cheers
Steven
By PSIG
@StevenChua - I think you are assuming the function in MS3. From the manual:
Fully Sequential - Use fully sequential injection which typically requires a cam sensor. In this mode,
outputs A-H are squirted in sequence
, so care must be taken to use the correct wiring for the
engine's firing order. For example, for a four cylinder engine with firing order 1-3-4-2, the following
wiring should be used: Inj A = Cyl#1, Inj B = Cyl#3, Inj C = Cyl#4, Inj D = Cyl#2
. . .
The firing order should be set to the firing order that your engine uses. It does not affect the order in which the
outputs are triggered.
Instead it is used to associate an injector trim table with a particular physical output so
that when injector trim is applied, it is applied to the correct cylinder. It is also used if closed-loop EGO is being
done per-cylinder.
Who is right is irrelevant, and your point is that you would like the outputs to fire not in sequence, but in the engine's firing order. That's fine, and may be your preference. However, be aware this actually confuses the situation more for most people, where the outputs are presumed to fire in logical sequence on any Speeduino (or MS) in any installation, for fuel or spark. To have different order depending on the personal preferences in project programming (e.g., mine would be logical, yours would be firing order) would be frustrating in many cases.

I respect your opinion, but to make a code change for changing outputs when wires are not pinned sequentially and while ignition is still logical sequence is not worth the confusion it would create, IMO. Create a forked code version if that is something you feel strongly about, but is not something I would support in standard code. Again, just my opinion.
By StevenChua
Thanks,

Well respect reply, it is just my opinion because most of the after market ecu had the function so i would just think it is good to have it as a back up incase accidentally wire up wrongly which can be fixed up using this method.

Thanks BTW.
Steven
By theonewithin
Repin the connector.

That would be the correct method to fix it and not a programming change.

Else your pinout will be wrong and wiring loom could be wrong too.

And as already stated, MS3 does not support this anyway so your example is null.
Auto Transmission Controller

I have read through most of the Wiki. Am I missin[…]

What is in the stock ECU? some of them don't use a[…]

Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?