Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By theonewithin
Are you certain of that?

You can't just use any old output.

It must be of the right type.

It is why the 2560 can only do 9 timed outputs in total.

And if the Speeduino code isn't written to handle that many then you will have to fork it and do the code yourself and then submit it to be added to the master or run your own side by side.
By JRockland
I'm not using a 2560
Take a look at the Rusefi Proteus, similar processor to what I'm using on my board.

I'm also writing my own version of the firmware to make it fit.. Just can't seem to find the pinout addressing for the moment
By theonewithin
JRockland wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:01 am I'm not using a 2560
Take a look at the Rusefi Proteus, similar processor to what I'm using on my board.

I'm also writing my own version of the firmware to make it fit.. Just can't seem to find the pinout addressing for the moment
Rusefi is completely irrelevant...

It doesn't take advantage of the hardware IO capabilities that Speeduino does which is why it doesn't run on slower processors.

I highly suggest you slow down, read the wiki and actually look though the firmware as you appear to be unaware of how Speeduino handles things.

What board? You can look in the Speeduino code to see the pinout there if it has a listing.
By JHolland
theonewithin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:30 am Rusefi is completely irrelevant...

It doesn't take advantage of the hardware IO capabilities that Speeduino does which is why it doesn't run on slower processors.

I highly suggest you slow down, read the wiki and actually look though the firmware as you appear to be unaware of how Speeduino handles things.

Speeduino doesn't use hardware I/O, you keep claiming that it does but you need to look at the code yourself. Only a couple of the hardware I/O pins on the Mega are brought out to the connector on the Arduino so it isn't possible.
By JRockland
theonewithin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:35 am I'm talking about the outputs that are suitable for timed events such as injection and ignition...
Seriously, all your post had been useless and just annoying. please just stop answering any of my post.
You don't seem to know much and with a name like "theonewithin" I can pass on your comment.
By theonewithin
JRockland wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:15 pm
theonewithin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:35 am I'm talking about the outputs that are suitable for timed events such as injection and ignition...
Seriously, all your post had been useless and just annoying. please just stop answering any of my post.
You don't seem to know much and with a name like "theonewithin" I can pass on your comment.
You think they are useless because I'm not sure agreeing with you and I am shooting down your ideas that won't work.

With your attitude you won't get much help around here.
By dazq
Jrockland.
The limitation of speedy with the mega2560 was the number of hardware timers it has not its speed or bus width.
The move to teensy and stm32 was for this and other internal hardware additions. The increase in speed and bus width was a byproduct of that move.

A few development contributors have been working towards 12cyl operation using these alternative MCU.
By JHolland
They all use digitalwrite() and cam and crank uses INT interrupts. Rechecking the Arduino mega pinout the pins are there but if you look at a v4 board none of the ignition outputs are connected to hardware I/O pins nor are the cam and crank inputs. So its just the unconventional way that Speeduino works.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?