For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By JRockland
theonewithin wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:53 am Dual built???

As in run 2 separate Speeduino's?

Why?

Running some huge injectors or something that needs sequential?

Oh. You are cross posting.

That's a bad thing to do.

Keep to your own thread and don't hijack others with your ideas.
Just answering a question and also replying to the main thread as YES there is demand for a ton of sensors.
By JRockland
PSIG wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:46 pm I would suggest reducing your sensor count, circuits, etc, and share the signals, in a very similar fashion to piggyback installations. You don't need 2 of everything and double the circuits, just one and share the signal. Also half the control failure rate. I would start thinking of it as one engine and creating more outputs to serve it.

I am also a fan of multiple ECUs doing separate things, e.g., one for fuel and one for ignition. This isolates the functions where they can't clash. You can imagine if you have one ECM driving all ignition and it loses sync — not a big deal. Two ECMs and one loses sync, firing an opposing cylinder simultaneously… :shock: Also should be easier to tune, with all ignition changes on one setting change, not one half and then copy to the other or coordinate by CAN. Just opinions from someone not doing the work. ;)
Depend on the built, some performance cars require much more sensor then usual :
BMW 8 series have 3 fuel pumps.. just an example
Also some V8 have 2 different intake manifold so you are talking 2 thottle body, 2 map/maf, 2 fuel lines...

Anyway keep the good work and I can't wait to see that board.
By theonewithin
JRockland wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:10 pm

Just answering a question and also replying to the main thread as YES there is demand for a ton of sensors.
You can have a ton of sensors right not. It's already supported.

But only for logging purposes as there is no reason for anything extra.

Dual VVT is coming next release AFAIK which could be used for Vanos as well.

I suggest less posting and more reading to understand what Speeduino is actually capable of.
By PSIG
+1 and that's fine; I'm just offering that you open the box a little more. FPs are outputs. For split or separate intakes (far more common than many think), it's fine to log two of each if you like, but only one is needed for operation.

Ask yourself — is there ever any reason that the two manifolds should have different pressure? Would or should the throttle bodies be at different positions? Is the crankshaft at more than one position at any time? And so on. Just trying to help widen your perspective. Do your thing! 8-)
By JRockland
PSIG wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:46 pm +1 and that's fine; I'm just offering that you open the box a little more. FPs are outputs. For split or separate intakes (far more common than many think), it's fine to log two of each if you like, but only one is needed for operation.

Ask yourself — is there ever any reason that the two manifolds should have different pressure? Would or should the throttle bodies be at different positions? Is the crankshaft at more than one position at any time? And so on. Just trying to help widen your perspective. Do your thing! 8-)
100% both manifold won't ever be at the same pressure:
air filter density, intake conduits, even the side the wind hit the car will change density of air between the left and right side of the car.
By PSIG
I can sense your frustration. It seems you're missing or avoiding the general points, and challenging offers of options of what works real-world versus what your line of thought is, but that's your prerogative. Like any others here, it's your project. Do your thing.
By theonewithin
JRockland wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:19 pm

100% both manifold won't ever be at the same pressure:
air filter density, intake conduits, even the side the wind hit the car will change density of air between the left and right side of the car.
Oh wow.

Well if that's what you truely think the Speeduino isn't for you as it isn't capable of what you want.
By tonisvain
Thank you for your feedback!

When i have figured out the best pinouts for the teensy boards then i will add those to it also.
The signal density is insane on this board.. the PCB manufacturers are going to love this.. :D
I'm still in the process of routing the board, but just to hint what it might look like:

ps. There was no suggestion of running speeduino on both microcontrollers so this discussion is off topic.
The second teensy on this board is for extra IO, DBW control etc. (programmable proto area)
By tonisvain
My initial question question might of been a bit vague.
I will try to make it more clear and if anyone has any info about the subject, than please feel free to share.

Looking for documentation for hooking up teensy 3.6 and/or teensy 4.1.
I'm guessing most of them are freely configurable but just to be on the safe side, it would be great to get some confirmation before i send the boards out for manufacture.
Are there dedicated/preferred pins for the following functions:
  • crank trigger
  • cam trigger
  • injectors 1-8
  • spark 1-8
  • CAN-BUS
  • SPI and int/hold for TPIC8101 knock interface
  • serial for communicating with the GIPO uC
general outputs
  • tacho signal
  • fuel pump
  • boost control
  • PWM idle
  • idle stepper (step/dir)
Analog inputs:
  • Manifold air pressure
  • Intake air temp
  • throttle position sensor
  • battery voltage
  • barometric sensor
also
* Is the TPIC8101 knock interface over SPI already implemented?
* I remember reading 2-way communications over CAN not yet implemented so I'd have to use Serial to communicate to the the GIPO uC?

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?