Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Hi I just finished connecting my Speeduino 0.4.4c smd board. But trying it I realized 2 things:

-If I connect GND to ground and +12 volts only on the idle valve connected to pin 37, the ECU magically turns on, this also applies to VVT pin 38.

-If I measure the voltage between the correct positive (+12) and the idle or VVT output (pin 37 or 38) I find 10 volts, in fact it happens that if I mount the ECU on my car the idle valve is always open even with the engine turned off.

-When the ECU is switched on normally between the positive (+12) and an injector channel switched off the voltage is 2 volts.

I am not an electronic technician but I want to understand if the ECU is faulty.
Connections are ok.
Has anyone ever noticed this?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Andrea Beraldo wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 pm -If I connect GND to ground and +12 volts only on the idle valve connected to pin 37, the ECU magically turns on, this also applies to VVT pin 38.
I suspect that you are back feeding through a recirculation diode. Usually the supplies to the actuators are isolated by the main relay when the ECU is off.
JHolland wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:30 am
Andrea Beraldo wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 pm -If I connect GND to ground and +12 volts only on the idle valve connected to pin 37, the ECU magically turns on, this also applies to VVT pin 38.
I suspect that you are back feeding through a recirculation diode. Usually the supplies to the actuators are isolated by the main relay when the ECU is off.
Yes, I also think that the problem is, I will put an additional transistor that only controls the relay of the ecu.
I have a similar issue, I have a Speeduino 0.4.4c smd board and the injector pins have 2 volts when are off, even the leds of the injectors are a little bit lit.

The board only have the last firmware with the base tune and the cables to a battery, no more wiring.

Did you solve your problem?
The thing is that i don’t have injectors connected to the board.

The board is on my desk connected only to a battery (as shown in the picture above) and as I plug the power the injector pins have 2.2 volts (the injector leds has a little bit of light)

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?