Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By jackscr
theonewithin wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:01 am Changing code pin assignment and uploading the firmware takes 30 seconds.
I would prefer not to change the firmware because if I start doing that I will always have to do it at every update ,I will leave that as a last resort.
So far I tested just the one condition with only seconds not rpm.. and same result ...random cutouts... so am giving up on the fan output for this...I got an idea of using the fan output for my shift light and using the the unassigned pin through the ULN that I was using for the shiftlight for the delay timer. If that does not work I will use a jumper on the board from a different pin to the ULN
I attached a spinet from a log where to fan output cuts out, if anyone was curios of what exactly happens.
Attachments
(86.2 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
By theonewithin
I wouldn't be surprised if this issue is fixed next release...

And it's changing the number on 1 line...
If that's to hard you won't like having to tune a 16x16 table.
By jackscr
theonewithin wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:20 am I wouldn't be surprised if this issue is fixed next release...

EH......I've been tuning for many years 16x16 tables do not worry me, glitches do worry me though... I would not like my fuel pump output to drop out randomly ,would you? I DO NOT THINK that having to mod the firmware every time I update is very smart...or did you mean change it now just to see if it works?
I swapped the wires from the shift light to the timer and it's even worse, so the fan output is not at fault... Everything works except when the output needs to stay on permanently...
I will change it in the firmware next and see if it works that way...at least rule everything out...
By M103
I think I'm having the same issue as you although I haven't 100% confirmed it yet.

I had a programmed pin out for my AC compressor and I noticed that the compressor clutch is randomly disengaging and engaging for a split second. I thought it was some dodgy wiring as it was just rigged together for testing purposes.

I have yet to fully investigate what is going on but the pin assignments are all correct (or at least I hope that it did) and there's no conflict.

I'll report back with what I find later.
By theonewithin
jackscr wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:57 pm
theonewithin wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:20 am I wouldn't be surprised if this issue is fixed next release...

EH......I've been tuning for many years 16x16 tables do not worry me, glitches do worry me though... I would not like my fuel pump output to drop out randomly ,would you? I DO NOT THINK that having to mod the firmware every time I update is very smart...or did you mean change it now just to see if it works?
I swapped the wires from the shift light to the timer and it's even worse, so the fan output is not at fault... Everything works except when the output needs to stay on permanently...
I will change it in the firmware next and see if it works that way...at least rule everything out...
Changing the digit of 2 lines of code is far from "modding" firmware...

But as stated already I am pretty sure you can't do what you want "yet".

You have to change the code so that the output you want to use is NOT a board default.

Changing 2 lines of code then uploading the firmware would take very little time and you would then know if this is the issue or not.

Why you keep arguing and complaining about this I cannot understand.
By jackscr
OK so I changed both default outputs 43 and 47 in the firmware to pin 64 and 65 respectively aaand now its the same but different... but I discovered something... the shift light does not work any more with the condition >x rpm does not turn on at all... it works when <x rpm though... so that's interesting...
The timer does not work at all with the condition >x rpm and a activation delay of 10sec... only works with condition seconds >10, I also left an activation delay of 5s just to see if there is any link... and weirdly enough now I get dropouts the same as before but they last exactly 10secs
So I guess the next step is to just forget about pins 43 and 47 and use some other free pins... but that means modding the board :(
I'm open to suggestions as always :))
By jackscr
So there is definitely something about the conditions that give this weird dropouts... I tried with 0secs delay and COndition 1 Seconds >= 0 and the output turns on and is stable...
By jackscr
I think I solved the issue by simply using for a condition Engine Status >=1 and a 10sec delay for activation. Now the output seems stable .
I also reverted to the stock Firmware with the default pins as they were. and it works exactly the same for the delay timer(with the above condition) but the shiftlight output also works as opposed to the modded pins.
So Yeah if anybody encounters this good luck if you need RPM activation...

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?