Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By linkus
Murvi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:11 pm
linkus wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:12 am
gpineau wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:56 pm Love this thread. You are totally overboard into this project.
Haha thanks, yeah it kinda went totally overboard xD still havent got the time to throw the engine in tho, but im switching garage AGAIN to cut my monthly costs down a bit.
Hi, can I ask if you managed to confirm the 60/2 flywheel as we are in yearly stages of a Clio 182 project.
Hello! i have not confirmed the flywheel yet unfortunately. This is still on hold for the moment, sorry!
By Serra.marc
hello good afternoon, great project and engine !!! I would like to know if you have been able to solve or find out the operation of the flywheel "60-2" ???. I am working on a megane k7m and I think I am having failures because of this damn flywheel. :? :?

a greeting from Spain !!
By PSIG
It reads properly as a 60-2. It is very important in this and every case to use the correct settings for Trigger Edge based on your sensor polarity (VR) or sensor action (Hall) and the specific conditioner you use (if one), so the processor reads the edge signals as shown in green in the image below. Set properly, you can see you would get a good -2 between signals. If set-up wrong with any of the parameters, it will read like the red lines. Your tooth logger will show the difference if you have it set-up wrong.

David

By PSIG
:arrow: Upload a tooth log.

If the Trigger Edge setting is wrong, it will read the tooth edge in the middle of the missing teeth (gap), and confuse the wheel decoder (see earlier image). Your post indicates the Trigger Edge setting is wrong, and needs to be set to Falling. You can simply try that, but a tooth log should verify it.

Speeduino only reads one tooth edge of a tooth, not both. Because of how this trigger wheel is made; your Trigger Edge setting should read the signal at the physical leading edge of each tooth. Not the physical trailing edge. Which signal Trigger Edge you set (Rising or Falling) depends on 1) the signal from the sensor and 2) if the signal is inverted by a signal conditioner. Again, whatever your combination, it needs to read the leading edge signal of each tooth for this specific Renault wheel pattern design. I hope that helps.
By Serra.marc
Thank you very much for your help, yes, I have a VR signal conditioner for the crankshaft sensor as it is inductive. what I can't understand is what you mean by "upload a tooth log"

at this moment I have it configured with 84 degrees as in the workshop manual and with triger edge in "rising" but it still does not start.
By PSIG
Serra.marc wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:00 pm what I can't understand is what you mean by "upload a tooth log"
TunerStudio can log your crank sensor input pulses and display them as a graph. The file saved is a "tooth log". If possible, capture that log and post the file here for us to review. You probably need a registered version of TS for the tooth log function to be available.
Serra.marc wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:00 pm... yes, I have a VR signal conditioner for the crankshaft sensor as it is inductive. ...
at this moment I have it configured with 84 degrees as in the workshop manual and with triger edge in "rising" but it still does not start.
The sensor may output a rising or falling voltage on the leading edge of each tooth, depending on wiring polarity (which wire you connected to VR1+).

Let's say for example the sensor signal is rising on the tooth leading edge. For Speeduino to see it properly, you would select Rising.

However, if your signal conditioner inverts the signal (such as MAX or LM1815 types), the setting would also be inverted, to Falling. There are several combinations that could affect your setting, but if it is not working on Rising, then try Falling and test it.

Note that your timing offset will change with the setting change, but should now work properly. If so, check your cranking timing with a timing light, adjusting Trigger Offset until it matches the cranking timing in TunerStudio.

TL;DR - The settings for sensor signals are concepts to understand. If you do not understand, then just try the other setting to see if it works.
By Serra.marc
I finally start !!! It was all due to the degrees of advance, in the workshop manual it stated that they were 84 ° and in the end after measuring ckp and primary signals with an oscilloscope, it had to be raised to 120 °. even so the idle is not stable and does not hold well. but I think it is due to gasoline pressure to go from injection to carburettors, I will need a pressure regulator. Another thing that surprises me is that I can only start with the fixed advance, in the spark settings tab.

We will keep trying, thank you very much for your advice !!!! :D :D
By dazq
Serra Marc have you checked the timing with a strobe?
You must set it to fixed timing then confirm with a strobe to ensure the trigger point is set correctly .

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?